closing all running programs?

is there an app out there or a way to close all my open programs at once instead of going through the list of menus for each one?
    03-14-09 09:46 AM
    no not @ the moment
    03-14-09 10:15 AM
    Damn. I just hate having to close everything right away. This phone needs that aPp bad!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 10:33 AM
    I'd buy that app if its created!
    03-14-09 10:37 AM
    Not only Is it annoying to close apps all the time but CLOSE is always at the bottom of the menu which makes it even more work!

03-14-09 11:37 AM
    i believe i read a reply to a thread here somewhere that stated that the BB OS prevents apps from controlling other apps and closing them, thats the reason a task manager doesnt exist, and the reason why an app like this probably wont either
    03-14-09 11:43 AM
    Someone should come up with a theme that has a close button for each app. Like in the upper right corner, windows style. That would make it a lot easier to be sure your apps are closed.

FYI you can close each individual app by pressing and holding the escape (back) button. That actually closes the window and is easier than finding the close button in the menu.
    03-14-09 11:58 AM
    Oh cool I didn't know that! Okay well that will make it a little bit easier. Thanks

03-14-09 12:04 PM
    Is there a task manager that at least shows what is running?

Nice tip about holding the back button. That is kind of why I asked about seeing your running apps. So I could get a feel for the 'hold' and know it is working before I rely on it instead of the menu scroll scroll close method.
    03-14-09 12:11 PM
    If you hold down the bb button everything running will pop up

03-14-09 12:14 PM
    FYI you can close each individual app by pressing and holding the escape (back) button. That actually closes the window and is easier than finding the close button in the menu.
    Unfortunately this doesn't work on all apps. Some, such as Google Maps, will require you to choose 'close' or 'exit' from the menu.
    03-14-09 06:31 PM
    I know - a Verizon Tech told me so - VBG!!!!!!!!!!

TIC!!!!!!!!

Just kidding (no, a tech really did say that today but I know how that is looked upon here!)
    03-14-09 07:01 PM
    Unfortunately this doesn't work on all apps. Some, such as Google Maps, will require you to choose 'close' or 'exit' from the menu.
    Good point... correction, that will work for *most* apps
    03-15-09 04:59 PM
    Are there some apps that you cant close?
    03-15-09 05:12 PM
    you will always have 4-5 apps running - messages, home, phone, bb messenger, browser. the only time you shouldn't have bbm running is if you don't have it installed.
    03-15-09 06:26 PM
    I set my left smart key to app switcher

Close all at once? I just run quickpull at the end of each day

03-15-09 06:52 PM
    I set my left smart key to app switcher

Close all at once? I just run quickpull at the end of each day

You can just hold the BB Menu key down and get the app switcher. No need to waste your convenience key!!
    03-15-09 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD