How can you see and close apps running in the background? People keep asking this, but nobody answered yet...
    11-22-08 08:42 AM
    I don't own one, but if I recall correctly, you can hit the menu button, then select switch application. Bring up the application you want to close, then hit the menu button again and select close. Note that the menu can be scrolled up and down.
    11-22-08 08:43 AM
    Hmm, I tried that, but it didn't work. Anything else?
    11-22-08 08:48 AM
    Im starting to think the apps aren't running in the background (like a Treo) and they close when you choose "close." Any thoughts?
    11-22-08 09:11 AM
    ya i think in the app switcher certain icons appear no matter what, i.e. browser, bbm, app center, but things like now playing, calender, etc... can be closed
    11-22-08 09:38 AM
    ya i think in the app switcher certain icons appear no matter what, i.e. browser, bbm, app center, but things like now playing, calender, etc... can be closed
    I think so too....went crazy with this for a bit, but did a battery pull and once restarted, all these apps were still in the app switcher.
    11-22-08 02:12 PM
    hold down the menu button and a bar will come up with the open apps. click on them and press menu and close and it will exit out of them.

Keep in mind though, browser, messages, phone, and app center will always be on that list
    11-22-08 02:16 PM
    got the app switcher down...

what I am wondering...is there a shortcut to close apps? For example, you receive an SMS and when you are finished reading the message you hit the BB button and select close. This process is followed each time an app is to be closed...

Does any one know of a shortcut to help this out?
    11-22-08 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD