I just got a Storm. I like it so far but have an issue with the clock that the Verizon guy could not solve.
    I travel a lot so am always in a different time zone.
    It asks you to set a "home time zone" which I set to EST. Right now I am in CST and it displays the EST Time. If you go into the properties it shows "Network Time" as the correct CST time but the clock displays my "home time"
    How do I get the clock to display "Network Time"??????
    Again, I travel, and I need my alarm clock to work on local time.
    My old phone did this just fine.
    Thanks. First Post for me. You will see a lot more of me here in the coming weeks
    11-21-08 08:02 PM
    I tried Get time from both BBY and Network. The clock still displays "Home time" If you go into the properties screen it shows both Network time and Home time.
    Cant get the clock to display "Network time"

By the way, So far I really like this thing. Typing is going to take some getting used too but I think it will come if I give it a chance.

Thanks
    11-22-08 06:51 AM
    I was able to switch to "Network Time" just fine. Are you sure you saved the preference when you exited the screen?
    11-22-08 08:57 AM
    I have the same problem. I called Verizon and wa told that the Blackberry phones never adjusted time zones! I thought he was joking!!!
    I can change to network in the preferences, but the time does not adjust.
    Any suggestions???

Thanks
    Holly
    12-04-08 08:17 PM
    have you tried changing date/time source to network instead of blackberry?
    12-04-08 08:22 PM
    Winmobile phones don't sync also. Only the dumb phones keep verizon regional times

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 08:26 PM
    The problem is when you sync with outlook and such

the clock works this way to prevent ever being late for meetings or appointments in other timezones..

you can change your time zone once you get there and it will display the local time there.

someone posted a good write up of how it works exactly and why its like this..

I will try to find that post and put the link here

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/expl...e-zones-46190/

its useful to read through this...
    12-04-08 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD