05-22-09 12:22 AM
58 123
tools
    What I don't get is its heavier. Wouldn't S2 be lighter if they remove the metal spring plate wouldn't it b lighter?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 03:00 PM
    GAH....it's not called the itouch!!! It's an iPod Touch.
    OT- I call it the iTouch also.

05-21-09 03:06 PM
    OT- I call it the iTouch also.

But that's not it's name! That's like if I called the Storm the Blackberry Touch.
    05-21-09 03:10 PM
    Well, all I can say is: THANK GOD.

SurePress was the worst thing to happen to this phone, and I will be 100% onboard with Storm 2. This things looks so freakin' nice and sleek... this is what the original Storm should have been.

I cannot wait.
    05-21-09 03:15 PM
    What I don't get is its heavier. Wouldn't S2 be lighter if they remove the metal spring plate wouldn't it b lighter?

Maybe it's made of quality material, and not the Fisher-Price crap the original Storm was made of.
    05-21-09 03:16 PM
    Sorry if this has been posted, but I just read through this forum and no one mentioned this video:

Viddler.com - BlackBerry Storm 2 hands-on - Uploaded by engadget

He says there is NO click screen.
    05-21-09 03:17 PM

the plate that makes up the screen has been extended farther down the screen and is a denser material than the existing keys. hence, it weighs probably a fraction of an oz more.
    05-21-09 03:18 PM
    But that's not it's name! That's like if I called the Storm the Blackberry Touch.
    And the oddball that I am, I have referred to the Storm as The touchscreen Blackberry. To non crackberriers.

05-21-09 03:21 PM
    Never typed on the iphone but very interested in testing one out to get the feel.

One good thing to take from this would be that the Storm 2 is one its way; along with an official OS update for us Storm 1 users, yaahhhh.....

A guy can dream
    05-21-09 03:21 PM
    How do you guys even know this is the storm 2? It is all speculation at this point, this may very well be a prototype of the first storm with no clickable screen or even a prototype of the storm 2 with no clickable screen. It is very likely that this could be the storm 2 but no one is certain yet and i will wait until an official announcement from RIM to make my opinions. I will be saddened if this is indeed the storm 2, i cannot see RIM phasing out surepress a technology they put so much hype and promise.
    05-21-09 03:22 PM
    Well, all I can say is: THANK GOD.

SurePress was the worst thing to happen to this phone, and I will be 100% onboard with Storm 2. This things looks so freakin' nice and sleek... this is what the original Storm should have been.

I cannot wait.
    100% agreed. I'm on board for the Storm 2....saving my pennies...maybe...have to see what the Pre and the next gen iPhone look like...
    05-21-09 03:22 PM
    I actually enjoyed the Click Screen tech.. the new screen is 'interesting" to say the least. I plan on rocking my storm 1 untill they pry its dust packed clicking screen out of my cold dead hands.. or till that other thing drops...
    05-21-09 03:32 PM
    Now that its official that the storm 2 does not have "Surepress" I know for a fact that it will not get my money. One of the huge draws away from the Iphone for me to begin with was surepress. I really do like that feature for a touch screen. I have been planning to get a tour anyway as I really just want a keyboard now.

It could be a good thing for the typical consumer but man I couldn't do a storm without surepress..
    05-21-09 03:54 PM
    i didn't mind surepress either. i hated the problems that came with it though. the one thing i hate the most about the first storm is that the screen wobbles.
    05-21-09 04:00 PM
    When I first tried the storm, the surepress was cool....but then as I started using it (I gave it a whole month before trading it back in for my curve) I was misspelling things left and right, my screen was wobbling back and forth, etc. etc. The screen just couldn't keep up with my fingers!
    05-21-09 04:03 PM
    Now that its official that the storm 2 does not have "Surepress" I know for a fact that it will not get my money. One of the huge draws away from the Iphone for me to begin with was surepress. I really do like that feature for a touch screen. I have been planning to get a tour anyway as I really just want a keyboard now.

It could be a good thing for the typical consumer but man I couldn't do a storm without surepress..
    Im with you except i will be keeping my original Storm.

The click is the whole thing that made me like this phone more. only thing im gathering is that there is some sort of sensor that detects when you push down and when you tap on the screen.

Even then it still seems just like an iPhone except with a BB logo and Better Email
    05-21-09 04:13 PM
    Gah, I can't *stand* typing on touchscreens. That's what initially drove me from Windows Mobile Pocket PCs to BlackBerry - the physical keyboards are fantastic.
    05-21-09 05:00 PM
    Sorry if this has been posted, but I just read through this forum and no one mentioned this video:

Viddler.com - BlackBerry Storm 2 hands-on - Uploaded by engadget

He says there is NO click screen.

and here is the engadget link...

BlackBerry Storm 2: the official unofficial hands-on
    05-21-09 05:06 PM
    With SurePress gone, this phone won't be getting my money. Now I can rest easy knowing I don't need to upgrade.

OT:
    You do realize that you made its name longer, right? iTouch is just a way of shortening its name. Why say iPod Touch when iTouch will suffice.

Do you play video games? GTA, MGS, COD. I say all these the way I just typed them. Not the entire name of the game.
    05-21-09 05:14 PM
    Its not like the iPhone. Think of it, as in between what your used to on a Storm now, and a touch-only touchscreen, like the iPhone.

Its like surepress 2.0 Different, but similar in "response"

Thats about all I can get into.
    I look forward to the day we can get the facts straight on this new touchscreen tech
    05-21-09 05:37 PM
    How do you guys even know this is the storm 2? It is all speculation at this point, this may very well be a prototype of the first storm with no clickable screen or even a prototype of the storm 2 with no clickable screen. It is very likely that this could be the storm 2 but no one is certain yet and i will wait until an official announcement from RIM to make my opinions. I will be saddened if this is indeed the storm 2, i cannot see RIM phasing out surepress a technology they put so much hype and promise.
    Sorry to break it to you but a spade is a spade and this is the storm 2.
    05-21-09 05:50 PM
    Hopefully it's released soon... so it's not 10 degrees outside again when I'm standing outside the store on release day! haha

Hmmmm the wife was waiting for the 9630... she might like this better...
    05-21-09 06:03 PM
    The screen still clicks
    They've just made all the buttons into one big screen/button

05-21-09 06:03 PM
    There is not one button under the screen any more. And the gaps are almost non existant on this model.

CX... do you prefer the Storm 2 to the original?
    05-21-09 06:07 PM
    The screen still clicks
    They've just made all the buttons into one big screen/button

Care to elaborate on how you know this?
    05-21-09 07:03 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD