Its not like the iPhone. Think of it, as in between what your used to on a Storm now, and a touch-only touchscreen, like the iPhone.

Its like surepress 2.0 Different, but similar in "response"

Thats about all I can get into.
    Hmm... I suspect something similar to the Samsung Instinct, i.e. capacitive touchscreen with localized haptic feedback.

Am I close?
    05-21-09 07:09 PM
    I cannot believe people are so obsessed with SurePress. RIM has a feedback type technology in it's place, we just do not know what it is yet.

Sealed, tight screen > SurePress. SurePress was all a gimmick, a very weak attempt to set itself apart from everything else. Was it innovative? Yes. Did it work? I guess. But the way they implemented it, leaving the screen unsealed and wobbly, using cheap material and buttons that fell off, was a total failure. Throw in the laggy OS and you have, quite possibly, the worst device of 2008.

This phone has a chance to be the iPhone of the business world. Finally.
    05-21-09 08:24 PM
    I cannot believe people are so obsessed with SurePress. RIM has a feedback type technology in it's place, we just do not know what it is yet.

Sealed, tight screen > SurePress. SurePress was all a gimmick, a very weak attempt to set itself apart from everything else. Was it innovative? Yes. Did it work? I guess. But the way they implemented it, leaving the screen unsealed and wobbly, using cheap material and buttons that fell off, was a total failure. Throw in the laggy OS and you have, quite possibly, the worst device of 2008.

Not to argue, but what about all of us who love surepress? I came from a regular touch screen and I can honestly say I prefer surepress hands down. I'll agree, there are issues with the storm. But I'd hardly call it a total failure. Not even close.
    05-21-09 08:28 PM
    Not to argue, but what about all of us who love surepress? I came from a regular touch screen and I can honestly say I prefer surepress hands down. I'll agree, there are issues with the storm. But I'd hardly call it a total failure. Not even close.
    If you seal the gaps, tighten the screen and use quality pieces when building the phone, sure it's probably a better phone than I am giving it credit for. Some people are just OK with accepting a mediocre device, and that's exactly who will keep this phone.

I think the return rate speaks for itself, and when Verizon looked at the numbers, they knew something had to happen to fix this disaster.

When I finally returned my fifth device, I had no problem calling it a total failure.
    05-21-09 08:32 PM

Yet there is a large percentage of users that love it. Yeah.. I know... Fanboys. There's a lot of things I take exception with as far as RIM's design and marketing. The Storm is not one of them, it was new direction for RIM and BB's. If they waited to perfect it, you guys would have been up in arms over waiting.

Weather Sure Press was a success or not is not as much the issue as the fact that they tried something new. Could the Storm have been more stable, sure, but from a marketing perspective, it is far from a failure. Very few people actually know what True Press is. Until you get your fingers on it, you won't know if yo love it or hate it.

Just out of curiosity, what was the BB to get flamed before the Storm was released?
    05-21-09 09:17 PM
    Yet there is a large percentage of users that love it. Yeah.. I know... Fanboys. There's a lot of things I take exception with as far as RIM's design and marketing. The Storm is not one of them, it was new direction for RIM and BB's. If they waited to perfect it, you guys would have been up in arms over waiting.

Weather Sure Press was a success or not is not as much the issue as the fact that they tried something new. Could the Storm have been more stable, sure, but from a marketing perspective, it is far from a failure. Very few people actually know what True Press is. Until you get your fingers on it, you won't know if yo love it or hate it.

Just out of curiosity, what was the BB to get flamed before the Storm was released?
    Large percentage who love it? No, a large percentage who are stuck in a 2 year contract is more like it. And those who are tech incompetent to know any better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 10:33 PM
    Out of sheer curiosity I had a chance to play with an original Storm on the day of release at my local Verizon store...and I totally hated the "clicky" screen more than I can say. Any ideas of getting the Storm went out the window after experiencing the weirdness of the moving screen.

I love my Bold, but left the iPhone to go back to BlackBerry simply because as a phone and communication device, the iPhone sucked. I liked the iPhone touchscreen...but it was missing so much that the BlackBerry had to offer.

If the Storm 2 has done away with the SureType screen, and can be unlocked easily to be used with my AT&T plan...It'll be my next BlackBerry for sure!!
    05-21-09 11:20 PM
    You're just so negative, lighten up. So you are stating that every person who didn't go trough five Storms, and happens to like the ONE they got is incompetent. Out of the millions of Storms sold world wide, your almighty opinion prevails. Really?

Remember, you mostly hear the complaints, because those incompetent people that are happy with the Storm, and like Sure Click, may not see the need to post on here.

Open your eyes, there's a world out there.
    05-21-09 11:22 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD