BlackBerry Storm 2 due next month?

According to this link, the storm 2 will be 'clickscreen-free'? Does this mean it won't have the surepress technology or whatever the storm has now?
    05-20-09 06:35 PM
    Please keep in mind that everything you are reading about the Storm 2 is speculation at this point. With that said, check out this thread: TruePress Technology Storm 2. Civic started the thread to get people talking about what the new screen might entail. There are some good thoughts there. But remember... all speculation.
    05-20-09 06:58 PM
    That screen does not look like it will be clickable. The tolerances are much tighter and the screen is asymetrical (look at the bottom it's curved)

That could pose a problem.
    05-20-09 07:53 PM
    Why dont they put a setting in the phone where you could choose what you want. Make it a clickable screen, for those who have mastered and love that. And for the rest of the people, have a setting where is is just a one touch.

Case closed
    05-20-09 08:19 PM
    There is not one button under the screen any more. And the gaps are almost non existant on this model.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 08:38 PM
    Right on CX...
    05-20-09 08:40 PM
    There is not one button under the screen any more. And the gaps are almost non existant on this model.

Now people don't say I'm trying to tell him this, cause I know he already knows.

But I think there's about 4-5 buttons under it now.
    05-20-09 08:43 PM

i agree with cx
    05-21-09 01:03 AM
    It's hard for me to imagine the Storm without a clickable touchscreen but then again I haven't had my hands on the TruePress technology so I can't really bash on it as of right now...
    05-21-09 02:25 AM
    Hard to imagine? Have you ever used an iPhone?
    05-21-09 08:06 AM
    i would surely hope the new storm still have the clickable screen... one of the feature that makes me want to upgrade my bold with.
    05-21-09 08:57 AM
    I hope it doesn't have a clickable screen. I can type so much faster on my itouch then I can on my storm.
    05-21-09 09:30 AM

Now people don't say I'm trying to tell him this, cause I know he already knows.

But I think there's about 4-5 buttons under it now.
    Ok CX, is Ausch right?
    Can you elaborate on your last comment?
    Roomer mills are supporting what Ausch is saying that there might be more than one button 4 on each corner or even 5 in an "X" pattern under the screen to improve the "clicking" of the screen. Just curious.
    Thanks
    Darwin
    05-21-09 09:33 AM
    I really did like the surepress. I hope its nothing like the iphone and that in fact it is multiple buttons underneath the screen. I cant stand typing on my friends iphone.
    05-21-09 01:02 PM
    Did you guys/gals see the hands-on video Engadget got? It's posted on the CB blogs now, too... the video shows no clicking action.
    05-21-09 01:07 PM
    Did you guys/gals see the hands-on video Engadget got? It's posted on the CB blogs now, too... the video shows no clicking action.
    I saw it...so i guess that means no click. I'm sure the new input system will be better and faster though
    05-21-09 01:11 PM
    seems to me that a likely reason for RIM abandoning the clickable screen is not that some people hated it, but because of the obvious mechanical problems. aside from the dust under the screen, there were so many faulty click devices that it probably destroyed whatever profits RIM would've made.

fewer moving parts = fewer mechanical failures.
    05-21-09 01:22 PM
    Well if you can't beat them copy them. They're saying it clicks like a iphone and scrolls like iphone. So what we have is flippn iphone clone. So flippn sad. Guess ill buy 9630

05-21-09 01:24 PM
    Well if you can't beat them copy them. They're saying it clicks like a iphone and scrolls like iphone. So what we have is flippn iphone clone. So flippn sad. Guess ill buy 9630

they also said it has some sort of feedback, but that wasnt enabled.
    05-21-09 01:27 PM
    Its not like the iPhone. Think of it, as in between what your used to on a Storm now, and a touch-only touchscreen, like the iPhone.

Its like surepress 2.0 Different, but similar in "response"

Thats about all I can get into.
    05-21-09 01:34 PM
    Well since that screen wasn't working I guess it wouldn't be wise to draw any conclusion from how it works, or in this case doesn't work.....

Funny I had the same issue on my first Storm after about 3 weeks, reloaded .75 and was stuck just like they were in the video (my touch and my press both crapped out though, sounds like they still had touch functionality).

I wonder if the screen didn't work because it was running an OS that expected a click....it was definitely a 4.7 build, not 5.0

I wonder if they will continue to offer the clicking version as well once they start selling this.
    05-21-09 01:34 PM
    The lg voyager had feed back on typing it sucked.

05-21-09 01:35 PM
    if there is no clicking, good bye verizon, hello iphone and at&t
    05-21-09 01:35 PM
    it's supposed to scroll like an iPhone? if it has that and pressure-sensitive input, i am all over the Storm 2 like a rash. the Storm 1's scrolling drives me nuts... one of the primary reasons i didn't get one.
    05-21-09 01:51 PM
    I hope it doesn't have a clickable screen. I can type so much faster on my itouch then I can on my storm.
    GAH....it's not called the itouch!!! It's an iPod Touch.
    05-21-09 01:58 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD