I have noticed that the bottom edge (closest to the buttons) does not depress as much as the rest of the screen. Is this normal or is this a issue with the screen?

Thanks guys!
    02-15-09 08:07 PM
    Comments please?
    02-15-09 09:28 PM
    LOL this is common. Some people do the "business card" fix where they put a business card or small piece of paper under the battery to make the screen click better, or, you can also loosen up the T6 screws about a turn and a half give or take a half turn... that's what I did and it works awesome.

02-15-09 09:31 PM
    this is very common. my first storm completly stopped clicking in the bottom of the screen so i had to take it back and get a new one. now i just dropped my second one and now it is being gay like that too so i put some business card in the back of it and now it works just fine
    02-15-09 09:33 PM
    now i just dropped my second one and now it is being gay like that too...

Stupid gay Storm, can't we just drop our **** and it NOT be gay!?!??!?!?!?!?

WHhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh whhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyy you homosexual storm you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-15-09 09:37 PM
    Go to the search and look up (the perfect solution for screen click problems) the author is dmcman73 check out this fix it worked great for me, thanks goes to dmcman73
    Last edited by fire911fighter; 02-15-09 at 10:46 PM.
    02-15-09 10:39 PM
    As much as I want to say it's a defective product and that you can get a new one and everything will go back to normal I can't. I replaced my phone several times in the first week of owning it in the hopes that it was just a defective product. Sadly, that was not the case. After about a week the bottom becomes very hard to click. The Verizon rep actually put a folded up dollar behind my battery which worked for a while before the phone literally started to come apart at the seams because there was so much tension between the components and the battery cover. After replacing my phone I carefully tried several different methods and the one that worked best for me was the felt pad one(mentioned on some other post but slightly modified). I just got a page with several different felt pad sizes from home depot and placed a few of the smallest ones on the battery cover. You can try any placement and size you like but what I found worked the best was cutting one of the smallest ones in half(horrizontally) and putting it in the middle where it would hit near the top of the battery. Then I put an uncut tiny one in the middle where the bottom of the battery would be. The cover doesn't bulge and the screen doesn't feel like it's about to pop out. It also doesn't compromise the structural integrity of the phone. One more thing: Be sure to put the pads so they hit the battery...not over the sim card. I tried it over the sim card and it kept crashing and/or displaying a sim card error text on the screen.

Hope this helps!
    02-15-09 10:47 PM
    Stupid gay Storm, can't we just drop our **** and it NOT be gay!?!??!?!?!?!?

WHhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh whhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyy you homosexual storm you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    lol this was an awesome response.
    02-15-09 10:55 PM
    Really? I had this problem on my storm, replaced it.. and it's been fine ever since.. my girlfriend got her's on the 25th, and I noticed yesterday that it had this problem.. it could have been there a couple days or more.. Idk.. I replaced it today. Mine is atleast 4 weeks old and the problem has not come up yet (again). If you are right and this is "just how it is" I am going to be pretty upset with my purchase.. all the bullsh*t I put up with as the os grows, I can deal with.. I know it WILL get fixed.. but mechnical, will never get fixed.. and verizon won't have rim make a new one, admit the mistakes, and ship the million + people free storms.. maybe thats why they doing this bogo sale to get rid of storm inventory and old bb models to make room for the new bold/curve and hopefully storm II someday
    02-15-09 10:55 PM
    I put a folded postit note work great

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 05:59 AM
    The bottom of my screen was pretty stiff when I first got my Storm back in early December. I did goof a bit with the screw trick and thought I noticed a slight improvement but the bottom was still always stiffer. Now after a couple of months the screen feels perfect. Not sure if I just had to make it through some type of break in period or what, but I have zero complaints about how my screen clicks now.
    02-16-09 07:00 AM
    the post it and stuffing things behind battery may cause the phone to damage after a while
    02-16-09 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD