Well whatever you want to call it... what makes it so hard to create apps for it?

I will admit that I don't know anything about programming but it seems to me that a click touchscreen shouldnt be much more complicated than any other type of interface... For example...

The trackball is like the screen... it allows you to navigate through menus and whatnot then you press down to select... how different is this than a touchscreen with a click? The click part is like any old button. I can see how a touchscreen might take up more battery power and possibly processing power but why is it so hard to make newer applications?
    12-22-08 09:28 AM
    its nothing like the trackball. Complete different set of commands and completly different way of input.

not only is the screen size different which isn't terribly difficult, but unlike the standard applications that are used for touch screen, a simple 'hover' won't do anything on the storm. A new set of coding needs to be used to apply the click. Basically they need to rewrite the whole program.

Also, the storm hasn't been getting a terrible amount of positive reviews which are making developers a little wary of spending all that time on an app that not many people will use.

The bb application store is coming out in March so hopefully there will be a ton of apps then. Just be patient. The iphone app store didnt come out until nearly a year after the phone did. Things will come
    12-22-08 09:44 AM
    Trust me its not as easy as it sounds. Am taking up programming as my minor in college and boy is it hard and complicated. It takes a lot of time and patience to make a program. So jus be patient. You wouldn't want them to rush out half a$$ programs.
    12-22-08 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD