I for one am a very happy storm owner, especially after the .75 update. I can't wait to see what improvements they make with upcoming updates. I am also very happy with the clickable touch screen, however I do have a question:

I see that a lot of other peoples' complaints are that they wish you could turn off having to click it when texting. I will be fine if that change is never applied, but just out of curiousity, is that something that is possible for them to implement in an update - the ability to turn the need to click on texts? Or would they never do that since the whole selling point of this phone IS the clickable screen?

I think that texting would be faster if this were an option, but like I said, I can text just fine the way it is.

Thanks for your feedback.
    12-02-08 04:47 PM
    im not an expert on this in anyway, but i am pretty sure that it is not possible without a major software overhaul. Since you can already "touch" and highlight the items, they would have to completely redesign the operating system components to allow this functionality.

I do agree with you on your post completely. I love my Storm but I think I might be able to type faster with a touch screen instead of the buttons, but that really does ruin the marketing plan for the Storm!
    12-02-08 04:57 PM
    I see what you mean. Like I said, it won't matter to me if they ever impliment that change or not. I'm more interested in a silky smooth operating system than the ability to turn on and off the clickable screen. Everyone and their grandmother knows that this is what the phone is about, so if they don't like that they have to click, they shouldn't buy it. I'm not knocking them, I'm just saying.

In regards to a touch screen, I couldn't imagine NOT using the storm's screen for internet browsing because i would be clicking links like crazy on accident while scrolling!

Thanks for your feedback.
    12-02-08 05:06 PM
    The click is mechanical and not software related.......
    12-02-08 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD