so i was in sears tonight and picked up a T6 torx screwdriver for $3. came home, popped off the innocase and carefully picked the red sticker off the right side.... backed one screw about 3/4 turn and the other about 1 full turn.

definitely a noticeable click improvement! no business cards!

not only does it FEEL much better, but the *click* sound is much more crisp- everywhere.

would recommend!
    03-26-09 08:30 PM
    maaaan i looooooove that click!
    03-26-09 08:42 PM
    I don't get it, cause how well should the click actually sound, like how do I tell on mine storm if the click is good enough ???
    03-26-09 09:12 PM
    my********
    03-26-09 09:12 PM
    so i was in sears tonight and picked up a T6 torx screwdriver for $3. came home, popped off the innocase and carefully picked the red sticker off the right side.... backed one screw about 3/4 turn and the other about 1 full turn.

definitely a noticeable click improvement! no business cards!

not only does it FEEL much better, but the *click* sound is much more crisp- everywhere.

would recommend!
    Did you turn the screws counterclockwise for a deeper push-in on the screen?
    03-26-09 09:29 PM
    Does that viod the Verizon warrenty?
    03-26-09 09:30 PM
    Does that viod the Verizon warrenty?
    idk... but looking at your sig i think you're saying you're running .113 (leaked OS) which might also void your warranty so it's pointless to not do it (if you want to) if you know what you're doing.
    03-26-09 09:36 PM
    idk... but looking at your sig i think you're saying you're running .113 (leaked OS) which might also void your warranty so it's pointless to not do it (if you want to) if you know what you're doing.
    he can always downgrade to .75 and verizon would never know... warranty still intact. now, removing the stickers in the phone i believe is a warrantybreaker.
    03-26-09 09:40 PM
    The screw option does void your warranty as far as I know.

As for beta versions, we're talking in terms of hardware and software. Changing software isn't going to harm your hardware, at least in most situations.

If you call in with unsupported software, we will most likely ask you to reinstall version .75. If we can get your issue fixed by installing it, then you're on your own if you want to reinstall betas. If we can absolutely verify that it doesn't work with .75, then that would still be considered a warranty issue, at least as far as I know. But we're not going to replace a device if it works with .75 and not .109, because .109 is a work in progress that has not been finalized. (This make any sense?)
    03-26-09 09:48 PM
    The screw option does void your warranty as far as I know.

As for beta versions, we're talking in terms of hardware and software. Changing software isn't going to harm your hardware, at least in most situations.

If you call in with unsupported software, we will most likely ask you to reinstall version .75. If we can get your issue fixed by installing it, then you're on your own if you want to reinstall betas. If we can absolutely verify that it doesn't work with .75, then that would still be considered a warranty issue, at least as far as I know. But we're not going to replace a device if it works with .75 and not .109, because .109 is a work in progress that has not been finalized. (This make any sense?)
    Sure makes perfect sense. Don't tell them anything about removing the sticker, make the required claim over the phone and mail the stickerless phone back in the return box....
    03-26-09 09:52 PM
    Sure makes perfect sense. Don't tell them anything about removing the sticker, make the required claim over the phone and mail the stickerless phone back in the return box....
    *gets a big notebook*

*whack whack whack whack whack*
    03-26-09 09:56 PM
    *gets a big notebook*

*whack whack whack whack whack*
    SHhhhh its a secret.....
    03-26-09 10:09 PM
    I tried it. So far so good. I know I was having a problem with the screen turning grey with lines whenever I clicked the screen near the home keys. seems like that was eliminated as well. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for the heads up.
    03-26-09 10:57 PM
    1. Remove the sticker carefully (I did it with a safety pin)
    2. Temporarily store the sticker on coated paper (like wax or the backing to stamps)
    3. Torx away

4. If you ever need to return the phone, put the sticker back.

It's not rocket science people.
    03-26-09 11:12 PM
    just remove the sticker carefully and put it back,,,i have friends with storms and there screens feel the same as mine post screw fix and they never did the screw trick.
    03-26-09 11:17 PM
    1. Remove the sticker carefully (I did it with a safety pin)
    2. Temporarily store the sticker on coated paper (like wax or the backing to stamps)
    3. Torx away

4. If you ever need to return the phone, put the sticker back.

It's not rocket science people.
    Yeah, the sticker isn't some tricky "can only be removed once" type of deal. It's just a sticker. You can't tell you've even tampered with it as long as your careful
    03-27-09 12:15 AM
    Yeah, the sticker isn't some tricky "can only be removed once" type of deal. It's just a sticker. You can't tell you've even tampered with it as long as your careful
    F verizon if they can tell that i tampered with it.... im tired of them and there stupid rules....im pretty sure that sticker indicates if the phone gets wet, if i go swimming with my phone im telling them i lost it... im getting tired of verizon lately.
    03-27-09 12:21 AM
    i turned the screws counter-clockwise (loose). if youre thinking that the screen will loosen up, the screws will be loose.... which is what i expected- nothing will be loose.

you can fine tune your screen by adjusting the screws. it took me all of 5 minutes and i noticed a nice improvement
    03-27-09 09:03 AM
    I did this, works well (and I can tell the difference, it's actually just smoother) ... and the sticker came of / went back on very easily. I backed the one under the sticker out 1/2 - 3/4 of a turn and left it there, fine adjustments with the torx w/out the sticker...
    03-27-09 09:07 AM
    I guess I lost that little sticker....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD