I have no problem selecting anything, and really had not thought about this until I started reading threads. Mine does not make a "clicking" sound (like commercial) so to speak, but I do feel the pressing of the screen when selecting items. Like I said, no problems, but am I supposed to hear a loud "click"?
    02-16-09 01:42 AM
    no, it was just in the commercial.
    02-16-09 01:45 AM
    Nope. No click.
    02-16-09 01:45 AM
    okay....that's good. Thanks.
    02-16-09 01:47 AM
    ?? Really ? Mine makes an audible click everytime I press in the screen. I don't have any problems with it or anything but I am surprised that yours is silent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 03:42 AM
    The commercial is for emphasis. The screen does make noise but not as much as the commercial

02-16-09 03:47 AM
    Just hold it up to your ear. lol. it clicks. my storms sounds like the one in the commercial not that loud. but it is sooo similar. click-click.
    02-16-09 05:21 AM
    Under Options (for Screen/Keyboard) you can set the "clicking" sound (key tone) on or off.
    02-16-09 06:50 AM
    After I put a piece of paper under my battery it seems to have a more audible "click". Also helps with the pesky corners that don't like to be pressed sometimes.
    02-16-09 07:34 AM
    I'm on third phone Storm 9530. First two phones screens stuck, no click still work though. Store manager was trained on the storm said wasn't good so he gave me new phone.
    02-16-09 08:35 AM
    After I put a piece of paper under my battery it seems to have a more audible "click". Also helps with the pesky corners that don't like to be pressed sometimes.
    If you have VZW, just put the SIM card under it, instead of a piece of paper.
    It works perfectly
    02-16-09 08:37 AM
    Thanks for all the replies.
    02-16-09 09:57 AM
    I guess it might depend on your definition of "click", but mine definitely clicks. Just ask my wife. It drives her nuts at night when we go to bed and I do a little web browsing or want to send an email. That's the only time I use Opera, so I don't have to click. So yes, it clicks.

02-16-09 10:11 AM
    I guess it might depend on your definition of "click", but mine definitely clicks. Just ask my wife. It drives her nuts at night when we go to bed and I do a little web browsing or want to send an email. That's the only time I use Opera, so I don't have to click. So yes, it clicks.

Your click is a mechanical sound, its not a sound effect. It is like the ticking sound on a clock, it occurs due to the action of the hands and gears moving, its not a programmed sound. I think what others are referring to is the original commercial that made it appear as though there would be a programmed clicking sound. The only programmed sound for clicking is a very annoying beeping sound.
    02-16-09 11:03 AM
    Your click is a mechanical sound, its not a sound effect. It is like the ticking sound on a clock, it occurs due to the action of the hands and gears moving, its not a programmed sound. I think what others are referring to is the original commercial that made it appear as though there would be a programmed clicking sound. The only programmed sound for clicking is a very annoying beeping sound.
    My "click" is definately a mechanical sound, and is audible wthin about 3-4 feet
    02-16-09 11:08 AM
    I also noticed that on the Storm videos on YouTube, you can cleary hear the clicking louder. Or is it just me? lol
    02-16-09 01:40 PM
    I can barely hear my storms click. But it still works. I'm glad it doesn't click that load. It makes it easier for me use my storm at night while my wife is trying to sleep.
    02-16-09 04:52 PM
    My "click" is definately a mechanical sound, and is audible wthin about 3-4 feet
    Soooo if someone is, lets say, further than 4 feet they are totally screeeewed into hearing the click. damnit. (attempt at sarcasm. had to do it. couldnt resist. carry on)
    02-16-09 05:37 PM
    So how do we get RIM to make the key click (annoying beep sound) a choice that offers a sound that sounds like the mechanical sound only louder?
    03-02-09 12:18 AM
    Under Options (for Screen/Keyboard) you can set the "clicking" sound (key tone) on or off.
    Is this a joke?

03-02-09 01:21 AM
    Is this a joke?

nope theres a setting for it, it is actually annoying after a while of use...
    03-02-09 03:12 AM
    My mechanical clicking sound is exactly like the commercial ...loud enough that I feel awkward using it during presentations at work...not that it stops me or anything ha ha

03-02-09 06:22 AM
    Mine clicks but definitely not as loud as it does in the commercial

03-02-09 07:02 AM
    Mine is audible, but not as loud as it was when I first got it. Remember one review where they said it was so loud, it would annoy fellow passengers on a bus - utter garbage.

03-02-09 07:59 AM
    Mine is definitely audible, but I like it. Not as loud as the commercial, though.
    03-02-09 08:09 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD