I'm looking for a program like the Iphone Cleartune. Great program. There are BB apps that do the same thing but none look like or are as easy to read as cleartune.

06-25-09 03:41 PM
    hey man theres bb apps for guitar tuners? you mean like ones that are chromatic and everything, or do they just play midi notes that you have to tune it to? i have a storm and have been looking for a good guitar tuner app that is chromatic but i cant find a thing!!!
    06-25-09 03:46 PM
    I found a couple, but they're not good. Nothing like the iPhone app.
    06-25-09 03:48 PM
    are they free or paid apps? as long as they tune it and dont just give you a note to match i might check them out...
    06-25-09 03:58 PM
    I downloaded one called Guitar Tuner for my Storm. It was free but sucked imho. Just gave you a note to match and seemed buggy too.
    06-25-09 04:01 PM
    I downloaded guitar tuner also and hated it. I kept it for a while as a "just in case" type of tuner. I HAVE since deleted it because I never used it, and found it to be difficult to use, too.

while on the guitar topic, I found that there is just enough room to put a pick in the back of the storm. it fits nicely in between the battery and the bqack cover, and the pick doesn't move. that way you always have a pick when you need one.
    06-25-09 04:37 PM

while on the guitar topic, I found that there is just enough room to put a pick in the back of the storm. it fits nicely in between the battery and the bqack cover, and the pick doesn't move. that way you always have a pick when you need one.
    Pick and better click!
    06-25-09 04:41 PM
    I downloaded guitar tuner also and hated it. I kept it for a while as a "just in case" type of tuner. I HAVE since deleted it because I never used it, and found it to be difficult to use, too.

i did the same as well a while back! and i found it makes the screen click issue go away for those of you that have it! medium thickness of course (.73-.88mm)
    06-25-09 07:02 PM
    So back to the topic... Anyone want to program one? This sells for $3.99 on iTunes. Hot Hot app. For the first time I wish I had the iPhone.
    06-26-09 12:25 PM
    Thank you Jim A for showing these guys what kind of tuner app these guys should be expecting from these developers. I certainly hope someone comes out with a good Chromatic Tuner like the iPhone Cleartune. That iPhone App works as good as a $3000.00 Petersen tuner! I contacted the people who make the cheesy one for Blackberry and they told me it is not possible to make a chromatic tuner for a DCRM device. Hummm. FYI - If you guys get a guitar tuner, they only tune the 6 notes on a guitar and that is it. If you get a Chromatic Tuner, you can tune all 12 notes of ANY string or wind instrument instrument and they usually have an 8 octave range so they work nicely on Bass - and they usually cost the same or a few dollars more. That is pretty nice to have a tuner for a guitar that can also check intonation on all the notes up the neck instead of just the 6 open string notes. I've never understood why any musician want a 6 note guitar tuner or a 4 note violin tuner.
    07-18-10 05:11 PM
    I wrote a quick note to the fine folks who make the Cleartune app for iPhone, asking when, if ever, they'll port to Blackberry. They were quick with the following response:

"BB does not allow us access to necessary components of their SDK (for instance the audio) to build Cleartune."

So there it is.
    01-12-11 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD