i'm going to the verizon store tonight to show them the dust i have under my screen and am fully expecting them to replace it (perhaps wishful thinking... but it's quite obvious).

anyway, i reinstalled .75 and did a wipe just for good measure. the problem is i keep getting my email! hehehe. how do i clear the service books (or whatever) so the the phone is sterilized of any/all of my information?

thanks!
    02-26-09 05:37 PM
    If you wanna wipe the Storm Clean of all but the OS

Options>Security Options>General Settings Then hold down the Blackberry key and select Wipe Handheld

That should do it.
    02-26-09 05:43 PM
    that's what i though, and what i did... email still arriving! LOL
    02-26-09 05:51 PM
    Okay... I've seen a lot of these posts for dust under the screen and need to ask... Are you really seeing dust under the screen? I've looked closely at mine and don't see any. But wait! There are measured points across my whole screen. Are you sure your not just seeing the pressure point grid that tells the system where your finger is at? I can't really say that its impossible for dust to be under the screen, but seems unlikely that a major corporation would ship faulty gear. They wouldn't sell <cough> bad product would they?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 05:53 PM
    I had dust under the screen of my pearl. Must have happened in the factory. If it can happen to the pearl it can happen to the storm. After the fact, I'm not so sure. But a lot of people are complaining about it, so maybe it wiggles its way in there being that the scren and handset are separate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 05:59 PM
    that's what i though, and what i did... email still arriving! LOL
    Log onto the BIS site and delete your email accounts there. They should definitely stop then.
    02-26-09 06:01 PM
    Log onto the BIS site and delete your email accounts there. They should definitely stop then.
    well... but i want them on my new phone (assuming i get one)... and would prefer to not have to re-set them up in BIS.

as far as the dust goes. i suppose i'm not 100% positive... but i do know that the dots that are the pressure points (or whatever) looks to be more of a darker translucent color on mine and evenly spaced in a grid pattern on the screen. the specs i'm concerned about are like grains of white dust (think sand or salt or whatever... tiny white specks).
    02-26-09 06:06 PM
    well... but i want them on my new phone (assuming i get one)... and would prefer to not have to re-set them up in BIS.
    Ok log onto BIS then goto filter for each account. Select do not forward messages. Then when you get your new Storm. Reset them all to forward and change the phone Pin number to the new phone.
    02-26-09 06:09 PM
    Ok log onto BIS then goto filter for each account. Select do not forward messages. Then when you get your new Storm. Reset them all to forward and change the phone Pin number to the new phone.
    perfect! thanks!
    02-26-09 06:27 PM
    Or just wipe and then turn off data on the phone...
    02-26-09 06:28 PM
    i'm going to the verizon store tonight to show them the dust i have under my screen and am fully expecting them to replace it (perhaps wishful thinking... but it's quite obvious).

anyway, i reinstalled .75 and did a wipe just for good measure. the problem is i keep getting my email! hehehe. how do i clear the service books (or whatever) so the the phone is sterilized of any/all of my information?

thanks!
    turn off the radio then wipe the phone. That way the phone can't get the service books back. As soon as you get your new phone, login to your BIS account and change the PIN. Your new phone will get the service books and start receiving your email and your old phone won't even if they decide to turn the radio back on.

That's the only thing I can think of where you have the fewest amount of steps to deal with.
    02-26-09 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD