Okay, so I have had it for 3 weeks, and this thing is a fingerprint and grease magnet!

I found a cleaning solution, but its a spray = will go quick.

What is the best household way to clean it?
    03-01-09 11:22 PM
    I JUST a second ago used my eyeglass cleaner, but I sprayed the cloth not the screen - worked like a charm - let's see what get posted...
    03-01-09 11:29 PM
    I won't use anything except a little rag that came with one of my tvs. My theory is if it could work for a flat screen I'm sure it won't mess up the cell phone screen just by wiping it. I wouldn't use any liquids. I use to use windex to clean my laptop screen and it eventually messed it up. Just wipe it don't use liquids.
    03-01-09 11:35 PM
    03-01-09 11:41 PM
    Okay, so I have had it for 3 weeks, and this thing is a fingerprint and grease magnet!
    U
    I found a cleaning solution, but its a spray = will go quick.

What is the best household way to clean it?
    What about the cleaning cloth that came with the storm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 12:04 AM
    Microfiber cloth is your best bet...

Microfiber - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Agreed. I use microfiber cloths and everything gets cleaned off perfect. Plus they don't leave behind lint or scratch the screen. You should also get some screen protectors and some kind of skin. (shop. crackberry. com/blackberry-skin-case/4A54A4251.htm) These are nice, you can rinse them in warm water and dry with the same microfiber cloth.
    03-02-09 12:07 AM
    Eyeglass cleaner for the new plastic eyeglass lenses is safe for the Storm and all flat-screen monitors. No chemicals that would cause reactions, discoloration or residue. Strongly recommend for your Storm you spring for the $10 for a 3-pack of screen protectors to avoid scratching or dust buildup though. Once it is scratched it's scratched for good.
    03-02-09 12:43 AM
    How do u delete all sms inbox? Doing it 1by1 sucks,lol
    03-02-09 04:44 AM
    How do u delete all sms inbox? Doing it 1by1 sucks,lol
    Tap the 1st message and hold, then tap the last message with your second finger, to multi-select. Or click the date and choose delete prior.
    03-02-09 04:46 AM
    [QUOTE=pkcable;1829537]Microfiber cloth is your best bet...

I agree, microfiber is by far the best way to keep it clean. I tried other methods before reading this advice!!
    03-02-09 09:53 AM
    Put a screen protector on it and just use your shirt.
    03-02-09 06:57 PM
    a light spray of Windex on a paper towell each morning...
    03-02-09 07:00 PM
    Tap the 1st message and hold, then tap the last message with your second finger, to multi-select. Or click the date and choose delete prior.
    there is a better way to delete all messages. highlight the date in message screen then hit bb button and delete prior.
    03-02-09 07:23 PM
    I wouldn't ever use windex on anything other then my home windows. It contains alot of chemicals that are not good for your screen............
    03-02-09 07:40 PM
    windex is the worst thing in the history of mankind to use on any type of lcd and/or plasma screen. windex contains ammonia which will eat away at the protective anti reflective coating of a screen. not sure how it would impact the storm's screen, but it's bad juju just the same...
    03-02-09 07:42 PM
    hey fellas, you know that polly-carbonate cover we all put on the screen? The scratch guard? Ya know, 3 for $10 Yeah that thing... well it protects the glass and is meant to be disposable...
    03-02-09 07:49 PM
    I have a screen protector and use my shirt sleeve mostly. Once or twice a week I'll go at it with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 07:50 PM
    Oh, that blessed day ONE of Storm: since then, I have used ONE screen protector from VZN, just ONE. As to the grease, every 2-4 days, I break out a Zeiss Lens Cloth and clean my baby all over - then I do my glasses too ! Perfecto ! I go out of my way to hold my baby just so to the light to really go over its surface - Perfecto ! In between such de-greasing sessions, I just use any CLEAN, SOFT cloth.

Doctor Neutron
    03-02-09 08:09 PM
    eyeglass clothes.
    03-02-09 09:05 PM
    definately use microfiber, works best :P
    03-02-09 09:08 PM
    just throw it in the dishwasher on the pots and pans cycle with extra hot water! LoL just kidding! use a microfiber cloth and don't spray anything on it, if you must use something more spray a small amount of eyeglass cleaner on the cloth and wipe gently, don't spray it directly on the device.
    03-02-09 09:34 PM
    03-02-09 09:42 PM
    u know I was laughing @ this thread...

Not the poster.. sorry.. just these posts...

I got out of the shower... dried off....
    was standing there in my towel... seen I had a missed message.. I read it.. seen my screen was GROSS... I wiped the screen on my damp hair and then on my towel and the screen was CRYSTAL CLEAN...

SO...

I have 0 screen protector...
    I see i need to post a utube video of this...
    03-03-09 01:19 AM
    Trust me on this - Microfiber Rag w/ a Non Ammoniated glass cleaner works amazing... I clean it without any screen protectors and its flawless... Dont use streaky Windex... I even used a nice paste wax and a fiber cloth and it works well as a repellent for liquids or anything... Just do it once in awhile and your GOLD!
    03-03-09 01:37 AM
    No protection here and the fingerprint/faceprints do show up more than they do with a screen protector. I use something called e-tronic wipes by Weiman. Think of those baby wipes. Once a week or so I use one to clean my monitor and Storm. Followed up with micro fiber cloth. No ammonia and is anti-static as well.
    PS I don't have a clue where I bought it. weiman.com
    Last edited by Corporatetrainer; 03-03-09 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Just because I didn't proof read well enough
    03-03-09 10:37 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD