I have a ton of dust under the screen which can be seen even when brightly lit with light colors. I know to never use a can of compressed air but what other ways can I clear it out? Its just annoying me now.
    02-24-09 11:40 PM
    Call vzw untill they replace it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 11:45 PM
    Me too. I just hate to go through the hassle, re-loading .75 and all..

02-24-09 11:55 PM
    I have dust under my screen and there's a huge black speck thats driving me nuts. Any ideas? Getting a replacement my not help IMHO dust under the screen is a problem for all the storms i've ever seen. Poor build quality.
    02-24-09 11:55 PM
    I hope they can replace it cause I was their a few weeks ago switching out my bad battery...
    02-24-09 11:56 PM
    I had to replace a bad battery the day after I got my storm, 3 weeks later I replaced the phone due to dust, I DID NOT reinstall .75, I left .103 on it. who cares? they are not going to do anything but box it and ship it back to RIM for refurbishing. I even talked with a few reps that were also using leaks. bottom line is, They will guaranteed give you a replacement phone before thirty days of ownership are up. as for after that, I cannot tell you because I have not had to try and replace it again.
    02-25-09 01:40 AM
    Me too. I just hate to go through the hassle, re-loading .75 and all..

They wipe them anyways so might as well not waste your time
    02-25-09 01:56 AM
    I've seen a video on YouTube where this guy popped off the top plastic screen as if it were a flip phone. Maybe you can try that and clean under it??
    02-25-09 02:17 AM
    Within 30 Days they have to replace it without question... After 30 days keep going till you get the right rep, if dust is bad it shouldn't be a problem getting it replaced
    02-25-09 04:50 AM
    Within 30 Days they have to replace it without question... After 30 days keep going till you get the right rep, if dust is bad it shouldn't be a problem getting it replaced
    I went in 3 months after purchase and mine was replaced no ??? asked.
    02-25-09 07:00 AM
    Why is using a can on compressed air a no no?
    02-25-09 07:49 AM
    it can force the dust deeper in.
    02-25-09 09:23 AM
    I had the same issue. I was 2 months into my first stor. And the dust was driving me crazy. I went to the store and the rep ordered me a new one. I had to get a refurb because I was past the 30 days but they did replace it. I recommend taking a LED light with u t makes all the dust specks real visible. But I had .99 installed on that phone and it did not matter.

02-25-09 09:37 AM
    I don't know how air can force air into it deeper...it's already there. As far as I'm concerned you have a bad situation...it either fixes it or it doesn't. I don't have an issue with dust under the screen, but I wouldn't hesitate to use air if I did.
    02-25-09 09:43 AM
    I don't know how air can force air into it deeper...it's already there. As far as I'm concerned you have a bad situation...it either fixes it or it doesn't. I don't have an issue with dust under the screen, but I wouldn't hesitate to use air if I did.
    It pushes dust and debris that is in the screen gap under the screen. You'll end up with more stuff under the glass, even if it existed only in the gap.
    02-25-09 10:53 AM
    I broke down and replaced mine after more than 2 months. I tried to live with it and to clean it myself. That front screen is on there tight, I couldn't get it off.
    Verizon replaced it, no problem with a new one. SO far so good.
    02-25-09 10:59 AM
    I broke down and replaced mine after more than 2 months. I tried to live with it and to clean it myself. That front screen is on there tight, I couldn't get it off.
    Verizon replaced it, no problem with a new one. SO far so good.
    Give it two weeks and I can almost 100% guarantee you will have some dust again. I have yet to see one without dust after extended use. The ones who say they have no dust choose not to notice it or don't know how. I think popping the screen off and cleaning will be the ultimate solution.
    02-25-09 11:04 AM
    I've had it for couple of weeks now, so far so good. I took a few weeks for dust to work into my old one. That screen is on there tight. I even tried the hairdryer method someone posted back in Dec. I took it apart, still couldn't get it pried off. Last thing I wanted to do was break the screen.
    02-25-09 11:08 AM
    Kay. Just got back from Verizon. they are replacing it after some minor hassle. I was just unlucky and got a girl who wasn't really nice.....Ordered me a new one.
    02-25-09 01:38 PM
    I just got mine replaced and they sent me a "FRU" which was definitely used and has some dust around the edge of the screen.

I have had 2 storms since the beginning and now I'm on my 3rd one. My first one I got on release day and the the touch function of the screen went out within a week, and the 2nd one I dropped and the battery over heated.

What should I do with the this one? Will the dust from around the edge get under the screen? My first 2 I never had issues with dust
    02-26-09 01:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD