Hi, i just did a clean install of the newest BB Storm OS (4.7.0.90) and after setting up my device i noticed that i'm missing all the "Application" software. Live messenger, Memo Pad, Documents to go etc.

Any idea how to get it back?? They aren't even in the application loader.
    01-22-09 11:31 PM
    First I would do a battery pull (obviously)

Then I would re-register your host routing tables and resend your service books.

Just simple house cleaning really, but it works wonders.
    01-22-09 11:50 PM
    Service Books instructions

Host Routing table

options > advanced options > host routing table > bb button > register now

good luck.
    01-22-09 11:54 PM
    did that... got the registration notification, but those apps didn't show up...
    01-23-09 12:22 AM
    Go back to desktop manager. Application Loader > add/remove applications. Make sure those apps are checked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 12:31 AM
    they dont show up in that menu
    01-23-09 12:32 AM
    If those programs didn't show up then it might not of installed it. Open up DM and plug in your BB then go to "Application Loader" then select those programs and hit next, it will install them.
    01-23-09 12:33 AM
    yeah but those programs don't show up in the Application Loader.
    01-23-09 12:38 AM
    If those programs didn't show up then it might not of installed it. Open up DM and plug in your BB then go to "Application Loader" then select those programs and hit next, it will install them.
    Oh yeah... I did forget to mention connecting the BB.

01-23-09 12:39 AM
    yes, i did connect the BB to the PC and the brought up APP LOADER and none of the programs show up including BB Maps
    01-23-09 12:44 AM
    You're going to need to reinstall the OS on your PC then. That's where .cod files are supposed to be.

Go into control panel > add remove programs and remove the OS. Then reinstall .90 on the PC.

No need to redo the BB, the files will be in app loader then.

One other thing you could try is disconnecting your PC from the network and relaunch DM and check app loader.

01-23-09 12:46 AM
    Should i just reinstall .90 or should i install the "original" (.76) first and then upgrade to .90??
    01-23-09 12:53 AM
    Go straight .90. But try the disconnect network on PC approach, I had to when I Installed last night.

01-23-09 12:56 AM
    When u say disconnect network u mean disable my internet right??

Sorry just making sure i do this right..
    01-23-09 12:59 AM
    Yep, disconnect internet when updating the storm. Even though I removed .75 from my PC, somehow DM pulled it down and put it on my storm.

Had to disable my network card to get .90 to install properly.

Last edited by EdwardK; 01-23-09 at 01:05 AM.
    01-23-09 01:02 AM
    I have 5 different ones installed. I'm going to uninstall all of them.
    01-23-09 01:06 AM
    Just make sure it's Device and not Desktop you remove.... I know, just being cautionary.

01-23-09 01:11 AM
    Got it...
    Thanks man,.... hopefully at the end of this it'll all be sorted out.
    01-23-09 01:11 AM
    While i'm uninstalling all this, maybe i can ask you another question.

I downlaoded a couple of trial games from crackberry and they do show up in the apploader but when i try to check mark them to install, they don't get check marked. KNow whats happening there??
    01-23-09 01:13 AM
    While i'm uninstalling all this, maybe i can ask you another question.

I downlaoded a couple of trial games from crackberry and they do show up in the apploader but when i try to check mark them to install, they don't get check marked. KNow whats happening there??
    First question is: did you back up third party apps using the stickied instructions.

But even then, I had a few apps that didn't come back, they just unchecked themselves, which I assume means that the app code couldn't copy down during backup process.
    01-23-09 01:19 AM
    Yeah i backed up all the 3rd party apps. That's why show up in the App Loader, but AppLoader just doens't let me check mark them.

I was thinking it might be cause they were just trials???
    01-23-09 01:21 AM
    Should still let you restore them.
    01-23-09 01:23 AM
    You might be right on that. At least they were just trials. I had a few not even back up. I lost Podtrapper and had to go through OTA to get it back and look up the reg code in the store again.
    01-23-09 01:23 AM
    ouch...

Okay so all the uninstalls are done. NOw i just run the .90 exe and let it install??
    01-23-09 01:24 AM
    Should still let you restore them.
    Well, for some reason DM was unchecking the second I checked the box. Trust me... I argued with it... it unchecked faster than I could check... mark one in the lost column for me.
    01-23-09 01:26 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD