Nice write up, i'll give it a try
    07-29-09 10:24 AM
    In this other fix there is a picture of why this works. I think both of them are good fixes but I haven't tried the sticker one. I think the one in this link is more direct but whatever works best for each Storm.
    I hope, you don't pay for this. Many selfless members already offered their stickers of whatever kind for free, they even suggest to pay the postage by themselves...! There are still people out there, who don't have to make money at any cost. But the guy sold 95 already...! No further comment.
    07-29-09 09:27 PM
    Civic your very intellegent. You must be making some company proud, if they dont recognize your talent then they are baboons. Your a great analysist.
    07-29-09 10:04 PM
    Does this fix work for "sloppy" clicking? Most people here seem to have the stiff or no clicking problem. Mine is the different in that the bottom of the screem seems to almost "double click". It's really annoying. When typing fast for texting, you can never tell if you actually have typed what you want since it feels like it clicks, but without the double click the letter is not there. Will this fix cure my problem?
    Thanks
    Sorry if this has been asked or is the issue eveyone is talking about...
    08-22-09 12:30 PM
    Does this fix work for "sloppy" clicking? Most people here seem to have the stiff or no clicking problem. Mine is the different in that the bottom of the screem seems to almost "double click". It's really annoying. When typing fast for texting, you can never tell if you actually have typed what you want since it feels like it clicks, but without the double click the letter is not there. Will this fix cure my problem?
    Thanks
    Sorry if this has been asked or is the issue eveyone is talking about...
    I just returned my 3rd storm for the double clik... mine was in the upper right quadrant of the screen in portrait mode.. even the VZW tech said he had never seen that before. You should bring it in. It's almost as if the screen layers were separating.
    08-22-09 12:41 PM
    wow, i cut the stickers a little bit wrong the first time and it didn't work, the second time around it worked amazing! You must have done some crazy calculations to find the exact spot to place the stickers
    08-31-09 11:17 PM
    This is an awesome tip, I decided to give it a shot with some post-its laying around the desk. The screen click has improved a lot than what it was before I put in the post-its.

Thanks again for this Civic!
    08-31-09 11:58 PM
    Folks,

I still have some of these "Civic dots" available if you are interested. Just drop me a PM with your address and I will put them in the mail to you. I will send you 5 dots enough to do 2 to 3 Storms.
    09-01-09 08:02 AM
    Thanks, Civic! This is brilliant! The bottom left of my screen was always dead and this has brought it back to life! Nice quick fix!!!
    09-01-09 03:29 PM
    What I do as my network is CDMA - is I took the the GSM card out of the slot and place it between the battery and the door. It makes a huge difference and tell everyone to do the same.

***Only good if you do not need the GSM card installed.***
    09-02-09 03:51 PM
    Tried it. First two, then three. It made it impossible to click.

Leave it to me to be the odd ball. I think I see a referb coming into my life.
    09-02-09 06:03 PM
    Try putting a guitar pick under your battery - I popped in one of my old fender picks and tada The click is amazing.
    09-06-09 04:33 AM
    First of all, thanks to Civic for the great fix and big up to PK for being such a stand-up guy and mailing me the dots all the way from Philly-- now that's what I call real brotherly love!
    09-16-09 05:15 AM
    Thanks I will have to remember this for when my Business card wears out..
    09-17-09 02:23 AM
    wow helped me so much thank you! i was considering taking my storm back because of the stupid screen not clicking in the bottom right corner, this is my second storm its happened to within 3-4 weeks of owning the phone.
    great post!
    09-17-09 12:48 PM
    I just took a small post it note, cut the non-sticky part off and then cut the sticky strip into 3 pieces. Stuck them all together one on top of the other and put them under the battery. Works like a charm! I was having trouble with clicking near the corners, especially the bottom. Not anymore! Thanks for the tip!
    09-18-09 04:21 PM
    I just took a small post it note, cut the non-sticky part off and then cut the sticky strip into 3 pieces. Stuck them all together one on top of the other and put them under the battery. Works like a charm! I was having trouble with clicking near the corners, especially the bottom. Not anymore! Thanks for the tip!
    thats kinda what i did!
    09-18-09 06:59 PM
    Thank you so much for this tip. It really improved the clicking in the corners of my device. I really didn't want to take my Storm back to Verizon as everything else on the unit was perfect.

Thanks again!
    09-19-09 05:09 PM
    Sounds good. However, my screen was not clicking towards the bottom where app bottons are. I tried the felt method which was a no go. I simply used an avaerage business card for its thickness. I cut it the size of the width of the battery. I then cut that in half and placed it vertical adjacent to my verzion sim card and closed the lid carefully. In all honesty it works better than ever. And the best part is I cant void the warranty cause its not glued to anything. I also use quickpull so never really require taking the battery out so once in place Im good to go. Hopefully this works for others. It takes less than 5 minutes and works.
    09-28-09 05:05 PM
    I'm on storm #3 becuase of this problem, I always take mine in, but I can see why you don't want too... Sitting in the verizon store for 2 hours turns me off too >.>
    09-28-09 06:24 PM
    Thanks for the fix Civic!!! I cant wait to get home to do this in the AM
    10-07-09 02:51 AM
    Thanks for this posting!
    10-17-09 12:03 AM
    Yeah. . . this didnt exactly work for me lol even tho you said up there i read it. .. but i probably didnt put the dots on right. oh well....
    im rolling a business card OUTSIDE of the battery. thats working for me.

but just let me know if its bad or something
    10-19-09 02:44 PM
    Yeah. . . this didnt exactly work for me lol even tho you said up there i read it. .. but i probably didnt put the dots on right. oh well....
    im rolling a business card OUTSIDE of the battery. thats working for me.

but just let me know if its bad or something
    Perhaps you're missing #2 on the list of items.
    10-19-09 04:43 PM
    Try putting a guitar pick under your battery - I popped in one of my old fender picks and tada The click is amazing.
    ha i did the same! it has to be less than 1 mm though, otherwise the screen won't click at all. my 0.84 mm is working nicely.
    10-22-09 10:22 AM
192 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD