thats a really great idea i was just using bussiness cards before
    10-27-09 03:12 AM
    thats a really great idea i was just using bussiness cards before
    lol same, cut em up and stuff them between the battery and the phone FTW!, I actually took 2 of the pads one on the phone and one on the battery. Fixed it perfectly. Although when I was playing with my cousin's newer Storm.....wow mine was feeling lots of fail.
    10-27-09 11:28 AM
    Completely amazed at the difference this makes! I've been saddened by my 'saggy' corners since late June, but no more! I cut a peel-in-stick card stock up to a 1/2" x 1/8" rectangle and centered it per the layered-half-circle diagram.
    10-29-09 03:07 AM
    I tried that method, but the best fix i did was the torx fix. There are threads on it already, and it took less than 5 minutes to do, and its been months and my screen clicks like new. The hardest part about the fix is going to the hardware store to buy a torx t6 head, that is if you dont already have one. Works like a charm and doesnt damage your storm.
    10-29-09 08:13 AM
    I tried that method, but the best fix i did was the torx fix. There are threads on it already, and it took less than 5 minutes to do, and its been months and my screen clicks like new. The hardest part about the fix is going to the hardware store to buy a torx t6 head, that is if you dont already have one. Works like a charm and doesnt damage your storm.
    Actually, messing with those screws DOES void your warranty, my fix doesn't.
    10-29-09 11:37 AM
    Actually, messing with those screws DOES void your warranty, my fix doesn't.
    Uh...No...it doesn't. That myth has got to stop. Even if this was true, there is no way to detect you turning a screw one or one half circles. The many brand new storms I have done have screws at different heights , some tighter while others are looser.
    Last edited by Jascias; 10-30-09 at 01:47 AM.
    10-29-09 10:20 PM
    I agree the screw fix is the way to go. Unfortunately, at times, the screws are are to tight or to loose. Loosing or tightening the screws makes the screen perfect and it doesn't void the warranty.

Uh...No...it doesn't. That myth has got to stop. Even if this was true, there is no way to detect you turning a screw one or one half circle. The many brand new storms I have done have screws at different heights , some tighter while others are looser.
    10-29-09 10:53 PM
    I just received a factory replacement unit and it actually already has Civic's dot installed on it

Now did they do that at the factory or did someone user previously put the fix on the phone and turn it in that way?
    12-10-09 10:15 AM
    two pieces electrical tape, same spot as civics stickers, works like a charm. This finally proves I'm full of #2!
    12-19-09 02:35 PM
    This does work pretty good... You can tell that everything fits better in the battery spot... Even kinda hear a better click in the corners too... Just cut a piece of computer paper and fold it up to cover that sticker behind the battery... Simple. Hafta be a **** to mess up this fix....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 07:23 PM
    iam having a problem with the color on my storm 9530 ,it seems all distorted and dont understand why,is there any help for me out there
    01-22-10 09:12 PM
    awesome fix! torx fix plus this = great screen click on the Storm! Thx for the info!
    01-26-10 02:39 PM
    Just picked up a referb Friday for my husband's storm (backlight went out) and it has Civic's fix already installed!
    02-02-10 11:14 AM
    Just picked up a referb Friday for my husband's storm (backlight went out) and it has Civic's fix already installed!
    My wifes refurb had it too.....(see post #183 in this thread)

We had to send that one back though....the hard keys started acting all screwy after about a week (randomly pressing even causing the device to boot up in safe mode unintentionally, sometimes not recognizing presses at all)....hope you don't have that same one we had to return
    02-02-10 11:32 AM
    I find it amuzing that neither RIM or VZW realize that the pokadot fix shouldn't be there. This pretty much proves they are all idiots. lol
    02-02-10 02:16 PM
    Yea this actually works nice job man. With this fix I'm actually wondering if this makes storm 1 about equal to the storm 2, screenwise of course.
    04-14-10 04:54 PM
    hy every 1 posting such a nice solutions....
    well i need an immidiate help for the storm issue i hv 9530 with os 4.7
    i cant use my call log button in portrait view and same in landscape view the 's' on key board not works not even higlight.......
    plz help me on that cause i lv my storm so much.....plz post me reply
    11-11-10 11:22 AM
192 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD