OK, I wasn't going to post this until I've had a chance to test this for a while and since that's happened now, here it is. This is by far the easiest/cleanest/safest way to fix your screen click issues. If this doesn't fix it for you, then perhaps you need a replacement Storm. This fix is also perfectly easily to remove if you ever sell or return the Storm and I have not found it to cause any ill effects. That however doesn't mean that it won't cause you problems, but that is something that you take complete responsobility for yourself if you so choose to implement this fix.

BTW, I came up with this fix in order to keep everyone from voiding the warranty on their Storms and also to give people a safe easy way to fix this issue with the Storm. All the other fixes to date are either messy, nasty, ghetto, voids warranty, or plain don't work. Enjoy!

Oh yeah, if you ever have to sell or return the device, TAKE THE STICKER FIX OFF!!!!

DISCLAIMER: IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS IS ABOUT OR IF YOU NEED TO DO IT, THEN YOU MOST CERTAINLY DON'T. STOP READING NOW AND GO TO ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE.

What you'll need:

1) Storm
    2) Brain
    3) Any type of 3/4" pokadot sticker label from your friendly office supply isle.
    4) Scissors
    5) 5 minutes of your time.

Instructions:

Rip around one pokadot off the sticker sheet without taking the backing off. Cut this dot in half and then take one half off the wax backing and sticker it to the top of the other half overlapping the 2 halfs on top of each other perfectly. Now, take this 2 layer half-pokadot off the wax paper and sticker it in the Blackberry storm as shown in the diagram (making damn sure it's placed exactly where it is in the pic, not left of it and not right of it, EXACTLY WHERE IT IS IN THE PIC). Reinstall the battery (it will be a bit more snug fitting) and battery door (don't test click without the battery door in place, you'll get an incorrect feel). Take it for a test drive. If needed, take one more half pokadot and place it on top of the other 2 for a total of 3 halfs stacked together. (IMPORTANT: DO NOT STACK MORE THEN 3 HALFS TOGETHER AS YOU COULD RISK DAMAGING THE CONTACTS OF THE BATTERY CONNECTIONS DUE TO THE STRESS ON THE BATTERY HINGING SYSTEM. You've been warned.)

Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 03-17-09 at 12:43 AM.
    03-17-09 12:26 AM
    Can you please explain what is this issue you are talking about? Thank you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 12:34 AM
    What if mine clicks fine? Should I put 5 stickers in?

Looks like a nice fix, although I still think it's silly to have to do it. Glad mine clicks fine.
    03-17-09 12:38 AM
    Wow, figured I'd get a couple of you lost souls in here, but didn't think it would be this early in the game.

If you don't know what this is about, then you probably don't need it and it doesn't apply to you. Please keep moving.
    03-17-09 12:42 AM
    Can you please explain what is this issue you are talking about? Thank you

Some Storms are experiencing a "screen too far from the button" syndrome. What happens is then when you press the screen on the outer areas you have to press harder on the little gel pads at the croners in order to get the center of the screen back plate to push the button that's in the center of the screen. By putting the stickers in it makes the battery and door a tighter fit, which in effect puts pressure on the button from the back side so it stays closer to the screen back plate. Then you don't have to press the screen as far to make it push the button.

Does that make sense? I think I got confused reading my own post...lol!

Edit: Yeah, what Civic said. If you don't know what it is you probably don't have a problem.
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 03-17-09 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Edit
    03-17-09 12:43 AM
    Thank you Civic. I've been ghetto fabulous with the screen-click fix and I will commit time to do as you mentioned.

Thanks again!
    03-17-09 12:47 AM
    Thank you for the explanation

03-17-09 12:48 AM
    my corner of screen stopped clicking
    03-17-09 12:51 AM
    not sure if this is the case on anyones else's storms, or if this is the fix to my problem. (sry if im being a noob) but the top left hand corner of my screen barely clicks and when i slide my finger up onto the top black plastic i can feel its lower, then on the right side when i do the same i can feel that its above the top black plastic... is my clicker fubar? i think my screen/clicking works pretty good, just curious.
    03-17-09 01:24 AM
    What type of polka dot thongs are they?

03-17-09 01:36 AM
    I purchased a couple of aftermarket batteries they are just so slightly thicker than the stock battery click click waaay better with the non oem battery.
    03-17-09 01:36 AM
    Thank you Civic! This is by far the best click fix method I've tried! I have tried the business card, the Torx, the felt pad and all helped a little but still left a dead spot on the bottom. I tried this and wow I actually have a click in the very bottom of my screen. Thanks again!
    03-17-09 01:37 AM
    not sure if this is the case on anyones else's storms, or if this is the fix to my problem. (sry if im being a noob) but the top left hand corner of my screen barely clicks and when i slide my finger up onto the top black plastic i can feel its lower, then on the right side when i do the same i can feel that its above the top black plastic... is my clicker fubar? i think my screen/clicking works pretty good, just curious.
    I don't have a picture handy, but on the back of the screen plate there are four really small gel cushion thingies...one near each corner. If your screen is sitting low at one corner it may be possible that one of those came off and moved somewhere else within the housing. I can't say for sure, but to be honest I'm not sure how they stay put normally. They are so small I can't see how there could be enough adhesive to keep them on...lol!

I should probably add that it would be really hard for anyone here to diagnose your problem for sure. Might want to visit a VZW store and compare it with others and maybe have them look at it. Try and get someone that knows something though.
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 03-17-09 at 01:40 AM. Reason: edit.
    03-17-09 01:39 AM
    What type of polka dot thongs are they?

The ones they sell at Victoria Not-So-Secret...

Great fix and very clearly written. THANKS!
    03-17-09 06:48 AM
    "What you'll need"
    2) Brain

LUV IT!

03-17-09 08:16 AM
    works well! Easy, cheap and effective. Thankyou!
    03-17-09 09:28 AM
    thanks a lot ! very nice tip for my storm
    03-17-09 10:25 AM
    WARNING: If this method does indeed reshape your battery cover and you must trade this phone in for a replacement phone due to some none exterior problem, the new phone may not like the low tolerances your newly reshaped battery cover is offering. That is not covered under warranty.
    03-17-09 12:01 PM
    WARNING: If this method does indeed reshape your battery cover and you must trade this phone in for a replacement phone due to some none exterior problem, the new phone may not like the low tolerances your newly reshaped battery cover is offering. That is not covered under warranty.
    WTF are you talking about? This doesn't change the battery cover at all you ******.

A word of warning to you... don't attempt to apply this fix. You're missing item #2 on the list.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 03-17-09 at 03:36 PM.
    03-17-09 12:07 PM
    Good piece of info, and great details of the process as well.

03-17-09 12:16 PM
    This just bricked my phone

Not really. Nice easy fix for a weak click. Thank you
    03-18-09 11:01 AM
    thanks civic, i feel better about this than the business card, post it, endeavors it just seems well, cleaner, thanks.
    03-18-09 02:20 PM
    brilliant. thank you so much
    03-18-09 02:21 PM
    Awesome, this should be stickied!!! Thank you JRCivic.
    03-18-09 02:37 PM
    Very - I am curious as to why you chose this particular location for the pad, as opposed to over the SIM card as detailed in the other "felt pad fix" thread. Just wondering.
    03-18-09 03:05 PM
192 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD