I dont know if you guys recall the class action lawsuit against apple for the 1st gen ipod nano, but a ton of people received settlements when that finally went through. Has this idea been put up in the air about the Storm and Verizon. I mean this is honestly a sick joke already. I wish I did not sell my curve. We definitely have the overwhelming support to put something like this together. thoughts?
    Here's some other threads that provide some "thoughts":

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/cl...awsuit-226294/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bla...awsuit-190409/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/dic...action-196046/

05-15-09 06:45 AM
    I dont know if you guys recall the class action lawsuit against apple for the 1st gen ipod nano, but a ton of people received settlements when that finally went through. Has this idea been put up in the air about the Storm and Verizon. I mean this is honestly a sick joke already. I wish I did not sell my curve. We definitely have the overwhelming support to put something like this together. thoughts?
    so why haven't you posted again in your thread? After all you do have overwhelming support
    05-15-09 06:54 AM
    jgorman13 = EPIC FAIL
    05-15-09 07:07 AM
    I love how no one has objectivity. He could have a lawsuit if he attacked from the right angle and even though the Storm hardware is ****ty (while I'm 1/1 even the diehards some are on their third or fourth) they offer replacements so that kills that.

You'd have to look at something in the advertising or an OS crippling feature that .75 doesn't do. Now .75 worked for some and not others personally having my phone reset when plugging the headphones in the phone was enough to force me to upgrade to unsanctioned software not certified for consumer release

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by devildrifterX; 05-15-09 at 07:21 AM.
    05-15-09 07:17 AM

I do not support that so I cannot help you at all because many storm users who is not a member of crackberry are happy with storm so just drop it altogether and move on !!
    05-15-09 07:23 AM
    What exactly would you want to sue for? The Storm is not perfect, but its pretty good. Why did you buy, and keep, your Storm if you dont like it?
    05-15-09 08:14 AM
    This is what is wrong with America. I hope you file this. I will offer Verizon my services as a witness in thier defense.
    i hope i'm still contractually binded to show up in court on their behalf as a previous employee, just so i can rip you a new one...

not a leaked or beta new one, not even a hybrid new one.

A REAL LIVE official new one, with minutes and motions and everything!
    05-15-09 10:41 AM
    This is interesting. Ive been ripped by a ton of people and this guy above me wants to come to verizons defense. Well i was gonna follow up and say, i happen to be a lawyer and know what we can and cant do on this matter, and i would not have posted unless i had a pretty good idea as to what could be accomplished.

But please go on talking about fail, and how dumb i may sound. The truth is, when the new phones come out and verizon still has not updated ours, ill guarantee you they will laugh when you ask for a trade up. So keep the insults coming, because a bunch of you guys happen to sound like ****.
    05-15-09 10:49 AM
    This is interesting. Ive been ripped by a ton of people and this guy above me wants to come to verizons defense. Well i was gonna follow up and say, i happen to be a lawyer and know what we can and cant do on this matter, and i would not have posted unless i had a pretty good idea as to what could be accomplished.

But please go on talking about fail, and how dumb i may sound. The truth is, when the new phones come out and verizon still has not updated ours, ill guarantee you they will laugh when you ask for a trade up. So keep the insults coming, because a bunch of you guys happen to sound like ****.
    well then come back and talk to us when the new phone comes out on verizon. and ONLY if they don't approve an OS for use that resolves some of the issues we're having. you're kinda jumping the gun a bit, don't you think?

i can see it now...
    silly lawyer dude: "i speculate that these rumors i've read on CB are UNDENIABLE PROOF that VZW was planning on fricking every storm user in the face, and not giving them an official OS to FORCE them into buying another phone at full retail, with no additional compensation for their hardships with the original storm. i rest my case, your honor"

Judge: "i want to punch you in the teeth"

that is one smart judge!!!!!
    05-15-09 10:54 AM
    well then come back and talk to us when the new phone comes out on verizon. and ONLY if they don't approve an OS for use that resolves some of the issues we're having. you're kinda jumping the gun a bit, don't you think?

i can see it now...
    silly lawyer dude: "i speculate that these rumors i've read on CB are UNDENIABLE PROOF that VZW was planning on fricking every storm user in the face, and not giving them an official OS to FORCE them into buying another phone at full retail, with no additional compensation for their hardships with the original storm. i rest my case, your honor"

Judge: "i want to punch you in the teeth"

that is one smart judge!!!!!
    classic!

OP, if you are a lawyer then start the suit already. All you are is talk, and the same goes for the other 10 threads like this. I dont see anyone doing anything but crying on an internet forum.

As, you must be pretty dumb to have "been ripped by a ton of people" Good luck getting anyone to help back your **** up!
    05-15-09 11:01 AM
    i'm gonna get permabanned for that...

btw i can't post img, did they block me??
    05-15-09 11:05 AM
    img is on for me....does it show "off" in the posting rules below for you?
    05-15-09 11:12 AM
    only thing off is HTML

i can post the image, but they all show up as "red X"...
    05-15-09 11:14 AM

Actually, your first post sounded really stupid and lame. Didn't think you could top that. But now, you have admitted that you are an ambulance chaser, so I have to say - congratulations, you topped your original stupid post.
    05-15-09 11:15 AM
    im sorry i paid 200 bucks for sucha crappy phone when we were promised upgrades time and time again. I dont really feel like doing anything that could void my warranty like all of you.
    05-15-09 11:45 AM
    and how am i "pretty dumb." I was merely stating an idea. its all of you that decided to be such pricks. You guys honestly have nothing better to do than just talk down every post about the storm and its problems. get a life.
    05-15-09 11:46 AM
    im sorry i paid 200 bucks for sucha crappy phone when we were promised upgrades time and time again. I dont really feel like doing anything that could void my warranty like all of you.
    what are we doing that would void the warantee? loading leaked software? not a breach of warantee. just unsupported, meaning if you call your carrier and they realize you're not on .75, they'll just tell you to load .75 or they can't help you. hardware manipulation or damage is all that will void warantee.
    05-15-09 11:47 AM
    and how am i "pretty dumb." I was merely stating an idea. its all of you that decided to be such pricks.
    just because we disagree with your post, and offer valid counter-points, makes us bad? i thought you were a lawyer, debate. argue your points, cite valid references and arguements. please, i would love for you to get this to work. free phone? i'm down! but do it the right way, don't be a loser.
    05-15-09 11:48 AM
    valid counter-points dont include mocking the person.
    05-15-09 11:52 AM
    well honestly your original post deserved mocking. it came off as someone desparate for validation, and looking for an easy way to get ahead.

i'm sorry for mocking you.

but i'd still like to hear your legal opinion and points on why we deserve the new phone for free or at discount, outside the standard upgrade process.
    05-15-09 12:08 PM
    For what it's worth, I tried to call 911, but my Storm rebooted when typing my password in too fast. Hope nobody died in the car wreck.
    05-15-09 12:51 PM
    and how am i "pretty dumb." I was merely stating an idea. its all of you that decided to be such pricks. You guys honestly have nothing better to do than just talk down every post about the storm and its problems. get a life.

"Never Lost, Never Will. Lock and Load"

Denny Crane
    05-15-09 12:55 PM
    For what it's worth, I tried to call 911, but my Storm rebooted when typing my password in too fast. Hope nobody died in the car wreck.
    *Genuflects*
    05-15-09 01:07 PM
    Everybody wants something for nothing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 01:14 PM
    I don't know what type of law you specialize in, but you will need a "class Action" lawyer to handle this for you. You don't seem to be that type. I am not trying to mock you for this attempt, like Patches stated, I would be glad to have the Storm 2. But to let you know, I have down loaded the leaks and they do solve many problems. The "official" one would be doing the same thing. Don't cause yourself a stroke, just download a leak and be done with it.
    05-15-09 01:23 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD