you were an amazing app, used you every day, always accurate & helped guide me to my destinations. loved the weather display & carousel menu. the time has come to part ways. you are just eating up too much of my memory & i cannot stand the constant waiting anymore & missing important phone calls. you will be dearly missed. maybe if Multiplied Media Corp enhances your performance we'll meet again.
    05-04-10 03:28 PM
    you were an amazing app, used you every day, always accurate & helped guide me to my destinations. loved the weather display & carousel menu. the time has come to part ways. you are just eating up too much of my memory & i cannot stand the constant waiting anymore & missing important phone calls. you will be dearly missed. maybe if Multiplied Media Corp enhances your performance we'll meet again.
    I highly, highly doubt poynt is your problem.

Your sig states you use viigo. That is more likely your culprit.

Poynt has been a well-designed app for me from the beginning and it's only been getting better. I can't picture trading it in for multiple other apps that Poynt does by itself.
    05-04-10 05:43 PM
    I agree with bobaloo, I've been using Poynt for a very long time, and have never seen it cause memory leaks, ever, with my Storm 1 too. Now, Viigo and WeatherBug have both been deleted before because of memory leaks.

To OP, how did you figure out that Poynt is causing your memory loss and not your other apps? Themes always caused memory loss too on my 9530 I had.
    05-04-10 06:17 PM
    Poynt wasn't playing nice with my Tour either. Not sure if it was that + my theme or that + another app but since I have removed Poynt my memory has been more stable... that's the only change I made so I drew the same conclusion as the OP... it's a shame too cuz it's a VERY convenient app!
    05-04-10 06:26 PM
    thanks everyone! right now i'm just trying to weed out what exactly is causing my Storm to lock up & why it's constantly telling me to wait with the hourglass. i really, really don't want a refurbished Storm replacement so i'm trying my best to keep my original running smooth.

Rides, i called VZ several times & they said Poynt is the most commonly known memory hog. i told them exactly what i have installed on my Storm including my 1 theme & 4 apps. so i did as recommended & deleted Poynt for now. just this morning i had that pop up list saying to delete an app due to low memory. i'll need to look further into this.

i just don't understand how some people have 10+ apps & some can only have a few.

thanks again!
    05-05-10 11:16 AM
    Viigo is definitely a bigger memory hog than poynt. If it is constantly searching for and downloading updated content that could be your hourglass problem. Poynt has been great for me and I have had it forever. Never once had a problem with it.
    05-05-10 11:21 AM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have never had trouble with Point, but I had to ditch Viigo long ago for being a memory hog.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 12:09 PM
    Agreed! i had Viigo on my old 8330 a few years ago. It seemed to have a memory leak so i deleted it and never tried it again. Poynt hasn't given me any issue.
    05-05-10 12:14 PM
    I ditched Poynt and Viingo and switched to BT Sidekick...
    05-05-10 12:26 PM
    try upgrading your OS to 419 or the new 591. Bell Mobility's 419 was the last OS I used before getting my S2, and it really made S1 behave like RIM had intended.
    05-05-10 12:31 PM
    Funny, I have both Viigo and Poynt running on my 9700 and they both run perfectly without hogging memory. Hmmm...
    05-05-10 12:44 PM
    thanks everyone! right now i'm just trying to weed out what exactly is causing my Storm to lock up & why it's constantly telling me to wait with the hourglass. i really, really don't want a refurbished Storm replacement so i'm trying my best to keep my original running smooth.

Rides, i called VZ several times & they said Poynt is the most commonly known memory hog. i told them exactly what i have installed on my Storm including my 1 theme & 4 apps. so i did as recommended & deleted Poynt for now. just this morning i had that pop up list saying to delete an app due to low memory. i'll need to look further into this.

i just don't understand how some people have 10+ apps & some can only have a few.

thanks again!
    I've had a Storm 9530 since the beginning.

I've had Poynt and Weatherbug installed since as long as I can remember.

I also have about 35-40 other apps/games installed.

I don't have major problems; although, I do a battery pull about once every 2-3 days.

since the beginning, I've installed and deleted viigo many, many times. I wanto to keep giving it another chance, but I immediately notice problems once installed. Most of Viigo's features are redundant to other, better-built programs. The only thing Viigo does really well for me is RSS feeds, and even that leaves much to be desired.

I have since installed and regularly use the light version of Viigo, which only handles RSS feeds. I have it set so that when I back out of it it does NOT run in the background.

Viigo every once in a while will give me problems with RSS feed images not displaying. Teh only temporary fix I know of is to delete viigo and reinstall it.

The Viigo lite version can be downloaded OTA at ViigoNews | Viigo

Hope that helps.

Oh, themes are usually big memeory suckers. Some are better than others, and many are even usable. But I've found much less draw on my memory when not using themes.

Feel free to post more questions or concerns. We're happy to help you work through your problems.
    05-05-10 12:48 PM
    I remember reading, if you open a Map through Poynt, you have to close the Map itself or it will stay open. An open Map will surely drain battery and memory.
    05-05-10 12:52 PM
    thanks for all of the helpful advice! sure sounds like many of you chose to delete Viigo as opposed to Poynt. i'm definitely looking into this!! thanks Bobaloo for your input, it's greatly appreciated!
    05-06-10 11:25 AM
    Viigo is definitely a bigger memory user than Poynt but like you I like Viigo better... Thread Thanks
    05-07-10 09:00 AM
    I'm running both Viigo & Poynt & have no issues with memory leak. I close out Viigo whenever I'm done reading what I want. I've been using the stock Zen theme for the past few months due to leaks caused by 3rd party themes.
    05-07-10 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD