RIM is experiencing problems communicating with AOL. They aren't able to forward emails the correct way. I was getting emails earlier in the day and then it stopped. I had Verizon talk to Blackberry and they acknowledged the problem. So it is not your Storm even though you might get a message on it saying that you have to update the password. Sucks.
    12-25-08 12:08 PM
    It was Santa's sleigh. He flew too low and hit a tower. That is without doubt the problem.
    12-25-08 12:15 PM
    They don't call it Almost OnLine for nothing....
    12-25-08 12:18 PM
    There has been an AOL and RIM problem for a week now. I have spoken to RIM (and AOL) and they are aware of the problem and they claim that they are "working on it". I get some e-mails instanteously but most are delayed and then a bunch are "pushed" and sent together.
    I can only hope that they get this problem fixed, as it worked great prior to this week.
    12-25-08 12:34 PM
    I personally don't have any experience with aol mail but my wife's is coming through fine on her bb pearl.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-08 12:37 PM
    The problems have existed for at least 2 weeks. I, too have talked personally with a rather competent person at RIM. They recognize there is a problem between some AOL e-mail addresses and any BlackBerry, regardless of whether it's connected via T-Mobile, at&t, sprint or Verizon. The problem may have to do with the location of your AOL e-mail address at an AOL server. They still haven't had the problems resolved. Mail continues to be inconsistent -- either in clusters, or none at all for hours.
    12-31-08 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD