Is anybody else having problems with the screen lock function? Button at top left of phone. I press it, screen turns off, but simply tapping the screen or pressing the phone button will override this.
    Yes I had this problem some time ago, but with an older OS. Literally made no sense to lock because of this problem. Try reloading the OS, or if you dont want to I guess its just a quirky glitch to put up with. Maybe the latest hybrids, such as lyridical's, could help.
    10-01-10 10:23 PM
    OK I got a new one. After playing Pandora for over 90 minutes on .724 I couldn't turn it off. Screen wouldn't scroll worth a crap and then when it finally did I couldn't select Shutdown Pandora . When I BB buttoned back to Home Screen to check messages same problem. Scrolling was all messed up and unable to select any options with touch on Storm 1. Battery pull solved the problem.
    10-02-10 12:10 AM
    I had the same problem 4 months ago, battery appeared to have juice and then a reboot would kill it. You need a new battery. Yours is not holding a full charge. I did NOT pay $39.95 to Verizon for a new battery, I got one for $5 plus $7 shipping from Amazon. It is NOT a counterfeit battery it is a genuine DX-1. It works perfectly. And I have no more charging issues.

Going to try this .724 out.
    In (my) experience with .797, my signal was all over the place. I could be by a window and have no signal, move the phone maybe 2 feet over and signal shoot up to full; definitely worse than .591.

And also had the same issue with my battery as one previous poster; battery meter showed 2/3 full. Reboot phone and would be dead & turn radio off. never had this problem with any previous OS's.

:UPDATE:
    I installed .724. Signal strength seems more stable than .797 on my phone.

I plugged my phone in to charge overnight, nothing out of the ordinary. Phone wakes up at 6:30 as usual, few emails come thru as normal. After an hour, phone decides to reboot on its own (not normal). Then after reboot, battery life is almost zero & radio turned off Guess I'm gonna go down to .591 now. Wondering if its wall charger/phone/battery/OS?
    10-02-10 12:13 AM
    Is anybody else having problems with the screen lock function? Button at top left of phone. I press it, screen turns off, but simply tapping the screen or pressing the phone button will override this.
    Yup, me too. I press the lock button, the screen goes dark for a bit, then it comes back up and I can still immediately press the onscreen icons to get a response.
    10-03-10 02:29 AM
    I found something else that is missing from .724. I have had this on all other OS for the S1 and that is the "clear the log function". Not many know about this, but in portrait mode on desktop I could pull up the keyboard and then hold down the shift key (123) until it locked on the number key board, then I would push in this sequence " / " / and it would show a log file, then push BB Menu and in the list would be a "clear log' I would push that and then push close. Then close keyboard and gain a couple of MB to my memory. Now I cannot find the log? Anyone know how to open this log in order to clear it?? This maybe why some on here mentioned there memory kept decreasing after a while day after day until it settled around 20MB???
    10-03-10 11:18 AM
    ^^^^ That's been gone for a while, who cares? The log self-purges as needed anyway. My memory has been hovering around 28-27MB and that's at 1.5+Million seconds of uptime on this build.
    10-03-10 09:09 PM
    Thanks for the update on the log file.
    10-04-10 09:05 AM
    I had the same problem 4 months ago, battery appeared to have juice and then a reboot would kill it. You need a new battery. Yours is not holding a full charge. I did NOT pay $39.95 to Verizon for a new battery, I got one for $5 plus $7 shipping from Amazon. It is NOT a counterfeit battery it is a genuine DX-1. It works perfectly. And I have no more charging issues.
    Thanks. That's what I was thinking the culprit was. I could see the back lighting of the screen flicker before it goes black & reboots. And I guarantee I have a counterfeit battery that they "SAY" is good.
    10-06-10 08:20 AM
    I just noticed on my screen lock before the .724 update, when I pushed screen lock it posted my name and address in the black screen. Now it is just a black screen. It still locks though. Anyone have any ideas??
    10-06-10 11:47 AM
    Is this seriously the newest upgrade for the 9530?
    10-11-10 11:47 PM
    Is this seriously the newest upgrade for the 9530?
    This is the most recent leak. .797 also leaked. They are very similiar.
    10-12-10 04:46 AM
    multi lang at all?
    10-12-10 06:31 AM
    im having the same screen lock issue as well???i also use patern lock so when i hit the lock button it still locks with pattern lock instead of just turning off the screen, also im using .797 as well.
    Last edited by zachpeters; 10-13-10 at 10:37 PM.
    10-13-10 10:27 PM
    im having the same screen lock issue as well???i also use patern lock so when i hit the lock button it still locks with pattern lock instead of just turning off the screen, also im using .797 as well.
    Anything like that in the .797 thread?
    10-14-10 04:52 AM
    Don't mean to bring back an old thread 2 months from now but something really interesting just happened this morning. So I'm using 724 cuz it's been the most stable build for me thus far even after trying 871.

Anyway, what happened was this morning I checked my memory status like every morning and it sits at 25.3 after I turned it off last night when it was at 12.5MB. I never restarted the phone nor do I have any of those mem up apps. To be sure I also checked the system log(note I've noticed this continues to log even after setting the log to "hide all filters") and it didn't show that it was restarted.
    Has anyone noticed this happening before?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-10 12:09 PM
    Don't mean to bring back an old thread 2 months from now but something really interesting just happened this morning. So I'm using 724 cuz it's been the most stable build for me thus far even after trying 871.

Anyway, what happened was this morning I checked my memory status like every morning and it sits at 25.3 after I turned it off last night when it was at 12.5MB. I never restarted the phone nor do I have any of those mem up apps. To be sure I also checked the system log(note I've noticed this continues to log even after setting the log to "hide all filters") and it didn't show that it was restarted.
    Has anyone noticed this happening before?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I would like to reinstall .724 but have not had any success. I do not like this .973, too much leakage. I would like to do the Shrink A OS as I did on the .973 but cannot figure out how to do it?
    12-09-10 12:12 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD