Just came across this on blackberry.com download section, China Telecom official 5.0.0.724 for the 9530.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BBF9AA363DC5DA

Has anyone loaded and tried this OS ? My brother has a 9530 and has been having OS problems with 419. Thanks for any help
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 09-15-10 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Edited to correct link.
    09-14-10 04:34 PM
    Your post contains an incomplete link. But there already is a higher version leak that has been out for a while. It is 5.0.0.797
    09-14-10 06:04 PM
    I just downloaded it now. My 9530 is in getting repaired...again. I will try it in a week or so and report back. Yer right 797 was a leaked Beta and it can stay that way. I'm seriously surprised they're still hooking us up with OSs, I thought they forgot about us 9530 owners.
    09-14-10 10:10 PM
    I just downloaded it now. My 9530 is in getting repaired...again. I will try it in a week or so and report back. Yer right 797 was a leaked Beta and it can stay that way. I'm seriously surprised they're still hooking us up with OSs, I thought they forgot about us 9530 owners.
    Sweet thanks And we can thank China Telecom for signing a purchasing agreement with RIM and breathing a bit of life into the 9530! I would expect at least a further 3 - 6 months in software support thanks to this
    09-14-10 11:13 PM
    Someone should try this. No guarantee that it is better or worse that .797. Could be much better!
    09-15-10 08:48 AM
    So can I assume there is no difference or problems from the fact that this OS is made by China Telecom and probably designed for Chinese Storms?
    09-15-10 10:28 AM
    So can I assume there is no difference or problems from the fact that this OS is made by China Telecom and probably designed for Chinese Storms?
    I think the general consensus is that the Chinese 9530 is the same hardware as ours. The only major change is the optional Chinese handwritten input option in the OS installer. I know 685 was a terrible leak from China, but so far 797 has been good for most people.

Anyone have any word on this OS yet? My brother is too chicken to let me try it out
    09-15-10 10:48 AM
    I think the general consensus is that the Chinese 9530 is the same hardware as ours. The only major change is the optional Chinese handwritten input option in the OS installer. I know 685 was a terrible leak from China, but so far 797 has been good for most people.

Anyone have any word on this OS yet? My brother is too chicken to let me try it out
    +1. There is some additional applications that you can strip out for a Theme and handwriting app.

I DL'd it, but am pretty happy with .797, so not sure I will install it right away. I am sure my need to tinker will get me at some point.
    09-15-10 11:08 AM
    I'm Downloading right now... im so done with .797 today it randomly rebooted twice on me while browsing the net.. and i was at half battery... then when it came back from rebooting it was empty...
    I will post what i find on 724
    09-15-10 04:43 PM
    I'm Downloading right now... im so done with .797 today it randomly rebooted twice on me while browsing the net.. and i was at half battery... then when it came back from rebooting it was empty...
    I will post what i find on 724
    You are the man.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-10 05:43 PM
    I just installed it; for some reason it took me forever to make apploader to "see" this update. Anyhow, it appears to have more free memory and a more solid feel than .797. Hopefully, it will remain like this, I would let you know in a couple of days.
    09-15-10 09:04 PM
    I just installed it; for some reason it took me forever to make apploader to "see" this update. Anyhow, it appears to have more free memory and a more solid feel than .797. Hopefully, it will remain like this, I would let you know in a couple of days.
    Two questions...

Does the Call Log toolbar at the bottom of the screen disappear after you use the dialpad at least once or make a call?

Does the Auto Correct/Word Completion switch on you after making or taking a call sometime?

These were the two biggest issues with .519 I have with the device still. Really, the most annoying is that switching of the input style... drives me up the wall since I use Auto Correct and not Word Completion.

Oki Doki, let me just answer my own questions then... lol

Both of these problem still exist in this OS version. Aside from slightly more memory availability, there doesn't appear to be any differences. At least my OS version numbers are higher now...
    09-15-10 09:12 PM
    Two questions...

Does the Call Log toolbar at the bottom of the screen disappear after you use the dialpad at least once or make a call?

Does the Auto Correct/Word Completion switch on you after making or taking a call sometime?

These were the two biggest issues with .519 I have with the device still. Really, the most annoying is that switching of the input style... drives me up the wall since I use Auto Correct and not Word Completion.
    The once you dial the 4 bars of add mute ect shows up.
    Don't know about the second question... never seen that happen.

i've had this os for about 5-6hrs by now.. Memory on Phone at 38.1 and only lose about 0.1mb which is very nice... but within 1.5hrs i've lost 24% battery life receiving some emails and sms.. nothing else so not so hot about that.. will report more later
    09-15-10 10:48 PM
    The once you dial the 4 bars of add mute ect shows up.
    That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the bottom toolbar that has buttons for delete, call voicemail, scroll, etc. on the Call Log screen in the Phone App.

As I indicated in the post above, both issues are still there... quite surprising since this is 224 builds above .519 and STILL HAS BOTH OF THESE OBVIOUS ISSUES. Well, maybe not so surprising...
    09-15-10 10:51 PM
    Maybe RIM decided to get rid of that toolbar...who knows....my biggest issue with .797 was the memory leak that was causing the memory to slowly drift to zero within a week. This one appears more stable. Today will be the first real day of use.
    09-16-10 07:13 AM
    Oki Doki, let me just answer my own questions then... lol

Both of these problem still exist in this OS version. Aside from slightly more memory availability, there doesn't appear to be any differences. At least my OS version numbers are higher now...
    Gah, thats not cool... The call log menu disappearing was one of my biggest IRKS on 591. Its not that you can't work around it, its just that you become so accustomed to a menu being there, and using it regularly.

The auto correct/auto completion never bothered me, probably because I always had both on? My brother has had great success on 797, so I'll probably leave his phone alone... for now
    09-16-10 07:36 AM
    Civic- I don't think I have ever seen ypi happy with anyone else's answers to your questions.

I think the call log menu is removed as RIM appears to be moving away from that in the UI. I don't see it at all in .797.

09-16-10 07:45 AM
    Civic- I don't think I have ever seen ypi happy with anyone else's answers to your questions.

I think the call log menu is removed as RIM appears to be moving away from that in the UI. I don't see it at all in .797.

The last OS I ran on my 9530 was 591, and I know that every time after a reboot I would have this menu, until (while in the phone app) I navigated to a different sub menu, then it would be gone. If I never chose anything on the menu, or hit the menu button and went to a sub menu, it would last indefinatly. I'm pretty sure if it wasn't supposed to be there at all then they would have just completely zapped it out. I haven't tried 797 or 724 myself, so I can't comment on those.

It would be a shame if they were getting rid of that menu altogether... it makes navigation in the phone app a little bit quicker.
    09-16-10 07:59 AM
    Yeah, the buttons on the bottom of the Call Log are there after a clean reboot. They only go away when you flip to the dialpad or make a single outgoing call, whichever happens first. Then it's gone until you reboot again.

Removing that menu makes no sense because it's needed for doing things like deleting entries from the Call Log or even calling VM instead of having to hit Menu/Call VM or holding down #1 on the dialpad. I'm willing to bet it's a bug that they've overlooked. Also, I know for a fact that the other thing with the Auto Complete/Word Correction issue is also a bug because most users would normally have Word Correction turned on, especially if using SureType as a keyboard choice. Those of us who don't use SureType in portrait will notice this issue the most. RIM and carrier testers have missed even more blatant bugs then these two in the past... so nothing surprises me anymore. Just wish someone would smack the coders over the back of the head when they compile releases such as these... 200+ builds out and it still has the same issues?
    09-16-10 08:55 AM
    Yeah, the buttons on the bottom of the Call Log are there after a clean reboot. They only go away when you flip to the dialpad or make a single outgoing call, whichever happens first. Then it's gone until you reboot again.

Removing that menu makes no sense because it's needed for doing things like deleting entries from the Call Log or even calling VM instead of having to hit Menu/Call VM or holding down #1 on the dialpad. I'm willing to bet it's a bug that they've overlooked. Also, I know for a fact that the other thing with the Auto Complete/Word Correction issue is also a bug because most users would normally have Word Correction turned on, especially if using SureType as a keyboard choice. Those of us who don't use SureType in portrait will notice this issue the most. RIM and carrier testers have missed even more blatant bugs then these two in the past... so nothing surprises me anymore. Just wish someone would smack the coders over the back of the head when they compile releases such as these... 200+ builds out and it still has the same issues?
    No issue on .419 hybrids

I had recently gone back from .797

Seems this is the same as .724 basically, I will probably load it up eventually just to try.

.419 seems to have more stable memory for me and only slightly more keyboard lag.....No opera mini keyboard bug....Pandora seems to get hung up less...picture thumbnails scroll are quicker. I keep going back to .419 hybrids
    09-16-10 10:13 AM
    In my opinion and for the case of my BB (seeing how everyone has different experiences with theirs) 727 is WAY better than 797. Because I don't have any memory leak. More memory available. No keyboard lag. Pretty faster in general. Boot time is extremely faster. My speaker works soooo much better than 797. All I've noticed so far. Ill be back for more.

09-16-10 01:46 PM
    No issue on .419 hybrids

I had recently gone back from .797

Seems this is the same as .724 basically, I will probably load it up eventually just to try.

.419 seems to have more stable memory for me and only slightly more keyboard lag.....No opera mini keyboard bug....Pandora seems to get hung up less...picture thumbnails scroll are quicker. I keep going back to .419 hybrids
    Remember that .419 had the collapsing keyboard in the browser bug. You might have fixed that because you were on a hybrid, but stock build had that issue... a big one if you're a poster on the mobile wap site here.
    09-16-10 03:48 PM
    Remember that .419 had the collapsing keyboard in the browser bug. You might have fixed that because you were on a hybrid, but stock build had that issue... a big one if you're a poster on the mobile wap site here.
    Yes...stock .419 is completely unusable for me..that and the speed dial bug....killers both of them.

It does seem to me to be the best base for hybrids....what other build had pretty much all it's issues solvable by hybrids? The only issues are the SMS visual glitch but switch to stripes instead of bubbles and that's no biggie. Maybe picture thumbnails...but I have found that the speed is better in viewing pictures.
    09-16-10 05:07 PM
    In my opinion and for the case of my BB (seeing how everyone has different experiences with theirs) 727 is WAY better than 797. Because I don't have any memory leak. More memory available. No keyboard lag. Pretty faster in general. Boot time is extremely faster. My speaker works soooo much better than 797. All I've noticed so far. Ill be back for more.

Ditto! I love this build. The memory is very stable; at the same level since morning and the OS feels very solid.

09-16-10 05:24 PM
    Yes...stock .419 is completely unusable for me..that and the speed dial bug....killers both of them.

It does seem to me to be the best base for hybrids....what other build had pretty much all it's issues solvable by hybrids? The only issues are the SMS visual glitch but switch to stripes instead of bubbles and that's no biggie. Maybe picture thumbnails...but I have found that the speed is better in viewing pictures.
    That is one thing you can say about the Storm and BB's in general. It does many things well. We all use it a bit differently. So all these OS's have different appeal based on your usage.

09-16-10 06:25 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD