1. Log into BES set my activation password, set it not expire for 72 hours.
    2. Set my IT policy to allow phone (moving from a company supplied device "data only" to a user supplied device "voice and data").

For you guys/gals out there on a BES you may want to check with your BES admin so you can at least have your activation password ready for you when you get your device.

11-20-08 03:26 PM
    I did that the last time I changed phones and regretted it. My IT started a wipe on my current BB at the same time they sent me the password! Fortunately I got my next day, but I had to do without my emails and contacts for a day.

Make sure you talk to your IT so that deosnt happen. Of course I didn't lose anything permanently, but it was a pain in the AZZ for a short time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 03:30 PM
    I did that the last time I changed phones and regretted it. My IT started a wipe on my current BB at the same time they sent me the password! Fortunately I got my next day, but I had to do without my emails and contacts for a day.

Make sure you talk to your IT so that deosnt happen. Of course I didn't lose anything permanently, but it was a pain in the AZZ for a short time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm the BES admin so I won't wipe my device. I usually do that by going through tools/options security. But yeah, there is an option on the bes to wipe device. The option I'm referring to above is the "Set Activation Password". When your in store you can make sure that your receiving exchange/domino email.

Also if this is your first blackberry and it will be a BES, when they first add you to the BES, it will send you an email, if that email happens to go into your junk mail folder instead of your inbox in your email the BES activation will fail. Just move that email into the inbox and the BES can start talking to your email server.

Another thing, when they ask you how you want it provisioned no one usually knows what they're talking about. If you are using BIS then it can be provisioned normally. If you're on a BES, then it will have to be Enterprise Provisioning. Cost difference per month I think is 15 bucks from the two. Most of my users see the 30 bucks and go for it, then they can't be added to the BES until they call customer service to provision the device properly.
    11-20-08 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD