I just noticed after having the storm two months that I was being charged for the BES plan. They gladly refunded the difference and change the plan but she said if it would have been much longer they wouldn't have been able to.
    01-21-09 05:00 PM
    Everyone should check their plans regardless considering you have to pay the bill.
    01-21-09 05:03 PM
    same thing happen to me and with my cousins.
    01-21-09 05:04 PM
    if they made a mistake they should refund it no matter what. whatever you signed is what they charge you for, if they charge you for something else they have to fix it or let you out of your contract (since you are being charged for something you didnt sign a contract for)
    01-21-09 05:04 PM
    if they made a mistake they should refund it no matter what. whatever you signed is what they charge you for, if they charge you for something else they have to fix it or let you out of your contract (since you are being charged for something you didnt sign a contract for)
    You don't usually sign a contract saying that BIS will be charged and BES won't ... or else every time you changed this or any other detail of your plan (such as add a line, add unlimited sms, etc) you'd have to sign a new contract. Also you'd have to sign a new contract every time they raised prices. The contract is for charging you whatever plan you choose where the details of each plan are separate from the contract itself.
    01-21-09 05:07 PM
    You don't usually sign a contract saying that BIS will be charged and BES won't ... or else every time you changed this or any other detail of your plan (such as add a line, add unlimited sms, etc) you'd have to sign a new contract. Also you'd have to sign a new contract every time they raised prices. The contract is for charging you whatever plan you choose where the details of each plan are separate from the contract itself.
    With VZW you are required to sign up for Data as well, either BIS or BES. Also when the pricing changes you are given a time frame to get out of your contract free of charge (since the terms of the contract no longer apply) or you are moved to a contract with the new pricing. You ARE signing a new contract every time you add a line. Every other feature is not a required feature, and VZW doesnt require you to sign a contract to alter those optional features.
    01-21-09 05:11 PM
    The problem is that the default plan with Verizon is with BES, you have to call or change it online. It's something to remember but quick to fix.
    01-21-09 05:48 PM
    The $29.99 plan has not always existed, they only used to have the MB features or the $44.99 unlimited plan. Now you get your choice of the unlimited email & web if you are only using the BIS or the $44.99 unlimited plan if you are using the BES. Features can be changed at anytime and you don't have to sign a contract for them. Yes, you have to have a data plan but choices for those things can change all of the time, they don't have to let you out of your contract because their is a cheaper option out there that you didn't know about.

I review all of my bills every single month and I also do research to ensure that I am only paying for what I need. I call my cable company every other month to see if there is a special that I can get in on. Who doesn't want to save a buck?

Glad to hear that you were able to get some credit for what you paid, but IMHO, people should take things into their own hands to ensure that they are properly informed and paying only for the things that they need.
    01-21-09 05:49 PM
    I just noticed after having the storm two months that I was being charged for the BES plan. They gladly refunded the difference and change the plan but she said if it would have been much longer they wouldn't have been able to.
    After I buy a new phone I call verizon CS to double check what is on my account. Always a good idea as the guys at the VZW store are morons.
    01-21-09 06:41 PM
    Guys, never had a BB before the Storm. What ios BES and what is BIS, and what is the difference? Not sure which I have.
    01-21-09 06:47 PM
    I wonder if the employees get any kick back from higher plans...checked my receipt after getting the storm and saw he had signed me up for the 44.95 or 49.99 as well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 06:55 PM
    The problem is that the default plan with Verizon is with BES, you have to call or change it online. It's something to remember but quick to fix.
    Yep, this just came up for me this week too. I called to remove tethering and at the end the CS rep was summarizing my account for me to make sure all was good. They gladly took care of it and refunded me the difference. She said BES is the default, but that they should have asked me when I signed up in the first place.

No biggie, but it is a good idea to verify you're not paying for something you're not using.
    01-21-09 07:18 PM
    Yep, this just came up for me this week too. I called to remove tethering and at the end the CS rep was summarizing my account for me to make sure all was good. They gladly took care of it and refunded me the difference. She said BES is the default, but that they should have asked me when I signed up in the first place.

No biggie, but it is a good idea to verify you're not paying for something you're not using.
    I bought mine at best buy and told the person I wanted BIS (I did the research beforehand) and he ended up leaving it as BES. I checked it when I got home and called Verizon to fix it. So, always check even if you tell them which you want.
    01-21-09 07:24 PM
    After I buy a new phone I call verizon CS to double check what is on my account. Always a good idea as the guys at the VZW store are morons.
    Not all of us are....I'm one of those guys that goes over every feature you will be charged for on your bill, before you sign your contract, on every new line, upgrade, or price plan change...Some customers hate that I do that, because they are in a hurry, so I tell them to double check it to make sure that it's what they want, but most people really appreciate when I do it.
    01-21-09 07:43 PM
    That's exactly my point. I did ask for BIS and was given BES. As for the guy who says I should pay attention to my bills. The first month or two are ALWAYS out of wack after adding/removing lines and features. That is why I just noticed it.

Good luck everybody!
    01-21-09 07:45 PM
    That's the same thing that just happened to me. After talking to someone about how much paying $45 a month stunk, he informed me that I could pay $29 instead. I called VZW and reached a very helpful representative who agreed to change my plan + offer $20 credit on my account.
    01-21-09 08:21 PM
    It was very clearly explained to me at the VZN store I purchased my Storm at. Also, part of the purchase process was to print out a receipt with the detailed information included. Of course, I reviewed the receipts (more than one phone purchased that day) to be sure the features I requested were what I was being charged for. In addition, I also review all bills and invoices before I pay them, and periodically I do find errors on the part of the supplier.
    01-21-09 08:27 PM
    The $29.99 plan has not always existed, they only used to have the MB features or the $44.99 unlimited plan. Now you get your choice of the unlimited email & web if you are only using the BIS or the $44.99 unlimited plan if you are using the BES. Features can be changed at anytime and you don't have to sign a contract for them. Yes, you have to have a data plan but choices for those things can change all of the time, they don't have to let you out of your contract because their is a cheaper option out there that you didn't know about.

I review all of my bills every single month and I also do research to ensure that I am only paying for what I need. I call my cable company every other month to see if there is a special that I can get in on. Who doesn't want to save a buck?

Glad to hear that you were able to get some credit for what you paid, but IMHO, people should take things into their own hands to ensure that they are properly informed and paying only for the things that they need.
    Holy Roaming Charges Batman! I think I'm getting screwed by Verizon. Thanks for the heads-up
    01-21-09 11:40 PM
    All the info is on your receipt when you make a purchase at the store. Customer service goes over everything over the phone and it's right in front of your face when your online. I understand most people don't read their receipts (I usually don't) but that's how it is.
    01-22-09 12:58 AM
    Well I coudl tell ya why the rep is trying to sneak that extra charge in. If they are a commission based employee the amount they make on a $29.99 data plan is $50, if it's a $49.99 they make $150, which is a big difference....if you don't notice this for 60 days they get the commission, if you do notice it then they get the $50 anyways, so It's a BIG difference, and some of the reps jsut try to sneak it in to make some extra $$$!!
    01-22-09 11:06 AM
    How do i know if have BES or BIS and is the BIS cheaper or something? Just got the curve the other day so im tryin to figure this all out! Someone please help me!!
    02-16-09 10:16 PM
    Im new to this, what is BIS and BES, and what is the difference. What does it apply to?

Please let me know

Thanks
    02-16-09 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD