All the rumbles about stock not being what was originally promised seems to be looking more and more like a reality. Check out boy genius report and read the article. Also mentions a security flaw that was just picked up and the units had to be flashed again....this is probably the reason most stores didn't get the shipments today
    11-19-08 10:34 PM
    I was just about to post about that when I saw this thread. I read BGR and wanted to cry....looks like I will have to get to my local VZW store even earlier than anticipated in order to secure my storm.
    11-19-08 10:36 PM
    They said this:

# We were also told to report that this was a RIM screw up (?) and not a problem on Verizon’s end. We have no idea what that means…

Of course their Verizon sources would tell them this. Maybe it is a RIM screw up but most likely because of Verizon's stringent rules.
    11-19-08 10:37 PM
    BGR's tipsters are full of sh it. lmao. Nope, Verizon dropped this ball not RIM.
    11-19-08 10:42 PM
    im not sure if i find this a good or bad thing, because the fact that they were reflashing them because of a security flaw is a big plus, also, the fact that most stores aren't getting lump quantities and are instead getting them in small quantities on thursday, friday and saturday. that gives you 3-4 days to have a chance at actually getting a storm instead of running the risk of them being sold out on one day and then having to wait a week for the next shipment
    11-19-08 10:43 PM
    lol, i wonder if there "security flaw" was them finding out they accidentally unlocked GPS, so they were like oh ****
    11-19-08 10:44 PM
    Well that confirms it! I will be going three hours early!
    11-19-08 10:46 PM
    I'm lucky I have my bestbuy preorder and they said ill have mine on 21st because it was a preorder

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 10:49 PM
    Boy Genius Report

wow not good
    11-19-08 10:51 PM
    I'm lucky I have my bestbuy preorder and they said ill have mine on 21st because it was a preorder

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    did you read the article, as well as the few posts that were on Best Buys website? they said that most likely theyll get pushed back
    11-19-08 10:51 PM
    I don't think BGR is ever wrong
    11-19-08 10:52 PM
    Predictable. Verizon is trying to do the typical hype BS. Just like PS3, XBOX 360, Wii, iPhone, etc etc. It gets old.
    11-19-08 10:55 PM
    Why don't more people order over the phone? So what if u have to wait another day! No going to the store hours early, freezing waiting in line. I'll be in my warm house Saturday, and the good ole FedEx guy brings it to me!
    11-19-08 10:58 PM
    Well for one my flier requires me to be at a store... It's the early upgrade holiday mailer.
    11-19-08 11:02 PM
    BGR's tipsters are full of sh it. lmao. Nope, Verizon dropped this ball not RIM.
    what do you mean verizon dropped the ball ??? what are you saying crucial .
    11-19-08 11:04 PM
    what do you mean verizon dropped the ball ??? what are you saying crucial .

DUH.........He means its Verizon's fault not RIM.
    11-19-08 11:08 PM
    interesting, now you have me worried and pissed off. For all the extra $$$$ we pay verizon you would think this would run smoother.

Don't ever seem to recall there being lat minute iPhone issues, other than the general ones that is
    11-19-08 11:12 PM
    Predictable. Verizon is trying to do the typical hype BS. Just like PS3, XBOX 360, Wii, iPhone, etc etc. It gets old.
    That's exactly what it is. Lets make it sound like it's going to be so hard to get that more and more people will want one. (People want what they can't have naturally). I agree it is getting old, but then again it gives people a good feeling when they do actually get one despite the shortages etc. Plus it's makes for a ton of free advertising on the news and all over the net.
    11-19-08 11:13 PM
    Well for one my flier requires me to be at a store... It's the early upgrade holiday mailer.
    I got mine honored over the phone?????????
    11-19-08 11:27 PM
    The early upgrade holiday mailer DOES NOT include the Storm. Has nothing to do with the Storm. Read the mailer. It just announces the Storm, but the holiday mailer has to do with LG phones.
    11-20-08 12:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD