sorry for the randomness but I was talking to vodafone today regarding my signal issues I seem to be having and was told it might possibly be my sim since it seems not to register for a few days at a time nice little tip for any UK Storm users

Type *#105# and it tells you when your phone last registered to the network..

Anyways regarding my post I got talking and asked about an update as I am aware on these forums, having visited crackberry everyday you seem to be more aware than they do.. anyways I asked about any upcoming updates and she told me there was already one and the new version was .79 I couldn't help but laugh to myself after having mentioned there has been no official release since december, I am a day One storm owner.. But since Vodafone Greece released .100 Officially I thought maybe we had something in the works but it seems that I may be mistaken and that nothing is...

I then got talking to the BlackBerry Tech team at vodafone and they happened to be more "helpful" to put the term loosely and mentioned to me Vodafone UK were testing .124 and that it takes 2 weeks for them to test and if all goes well we would see a release some time next week, I didn't take onboard what he said since I have not come to rely on the information they fob you off with but anyways I thought I would post my discussion in the hope someone else preferably a UK user would be able to shed some light.
    02-18-09 04:34 PM
    i just typed *#105# and it came up with 12th and 18th Feb
    02-18-09 04:38 PM
    Hmmm mine both happen to be 18th Feb but I am not sure what the CS: and PS parts stand for can anyone elaborate?
    02-18-09 04:43 PM
    sorry for the randomness but I was talking to vodafone today regarding my signal issues I seem to be having and was told it might possibly be my sim since it seems not to register for a few days at a time nice little tip for any UK Storm users

Type *#105# and it tells you when your phone last registered to the network..

Anyways regarding my post I got talking and asked about an update as I am aware on these forums, having visited crackberry everyday you seem to be more aware than they do.. anyways I asked about any upcoming updates and she told me there was already one and the new version was .79 I couldn't help but laugh to myself after having mentioned there has been no official release since december, I am a day One storm owner.. But since Vodafone Greece released .100 Officially I thought maybe we had something in the works but it seems that I may be mistaken and that nothing is...

I then got talking to the BlackBerry Tech team at vodafone and they happened to be more "helpful" to put the term loosely and mentioned to me Vodafone UK were testing .124 and that it takes 2 weeks for them to test and if all goes well we would see a release some time next week, I didn't take onboard what he said since I have not come to rely on the information they fob you off with but anyways I thought I would post my discussion in the hope someone else preferably a UK user would be able to shed some light.
    Hi and thanks for this - probably one of the more useful posts too! I've always found the BlackBerry Tech people to be very good. Wonder if this is version .124 or platform .124. Either way, encouraging news.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 03:25 AM
    If its Platform .124 then this is 100
    02-19-09 03:37 AM
    Whatever the platform or version, I just want a stable OS with Chinese Input and fonts! But I think vodafone uk would only release the europe version.

02-19-09 04:45 AM
    this is good news, I am with Vodafone NL. Lets see who is faster
    02-19-09 05:31 AM
    If its Platform .124 then this is 100
    Aw crap! Thinking about this now, it would fit in with VF UK's tardiness on previous release!

Wonder if our German friend (The Abyssz?) can shed any light on this.... VF Germany were first with the official release the last time
    02-19-09 06:01 AM
    If Vodafone release .100 as official, I will run naked along princess street. There is no way.

Theres rumours of a .12* being released as official
    02-19-09 06:53 AM
    Hmmm mine both happen to be 18th Feb but I am not sure what the CS: and PS parts stand for can anyone elaborate?
    CS = Circuit switched & PS = Packet Switched - Network jargon of some kind

02-19-09 07:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD