This is my first BB. I just got my new one mailed to me and it came with like 2 bars so I put it on the charger about 2 hours ago. The lightning bolt is no longer on the battery and according to the book it came with that means it is charged. Is it fully charged now? Also, does playing with it while charging affect the charge at all? Sorry if these questions have been asked before.
    11-26-08 02:19 AM
    yes its charged and no playing with it wont effecnt the batt while charging ... and when you say new one .. is this a replacement to a storm you had ,.. why did you replace it ?
    11-26-08 02:21 AM
    I made a thread about it the other night. I had it in my pocket at work and bumped up against something and the screen cracked. I was pissed, but luckily I pay for insurance on my Verizon account and paid a 50 dollar deductible and got a new one sent to me very quickly. I made the call on Monday and got my phone on Tuesday.
    11-26-08 02:30 AM
    thats right i remember.... did you notice a different in the two units ?
    11-26-08 02:31 AM
    I just got home and opened my box about 3 hours ago and I didn't want to play around with it too much until it got fully charged. The first Storm I had did not have the "extra sticker" people are talking about, while the replacement does. I am about to go activate my new one so I will play around with it and let you guys know if I notice anything different.
    11-26-08 02:34 AM
    kk i just want to know screen click wise.. is it better ? i have a new one on the way and i want to make sure the click is better.
    11-26-08 02:45 AM
    kk i just want to know screen click wise.. is it better ? i have a new one on the way and i want to make sure the click is better.

what he gets may not even be close to what you get =)

who knows ... realistically it seems as if there are 2 versions of the hardware build... this could be the issue not sure but it seems likely.
    11-26-08 02:53 AM
    Just an FYI...

I read on the BB forum that when the phone is brand new, you need to charge it at least 16 hours and just because the lighting bolt is gone and you have full bars, it doesn't mean the phone is fully charged.

When I got the phone out of the box and inserted the battery, I had 2 bars also. I charged it for about 4 hours and it seemed fully charged so I disconnected the charger.

The next day, my phone barely lasted until 6pm before it died on me. I've heard many people on the BB forum complaining about how much the battery sucks and one of the good tips I got was setting the screen's backlight to 30% instead of 100%. I did this and my phone so far has lasted about 2 days. I also gave my phone a good solid 16 hour charge even thought the lightning bolt is gone just for good measure.
    Last edited by BBNoobie76; 11-26-08 at 03:00 AM.
    11-26-08 02:58 AM
    For those upset with your battery life on the first day, I believe that it takes a few charge cycles for Lithium Ion batteries to reach their full potential so be a little patient and re-assess after a week or two.

I have a Pearl 8130 (waiting on my Storm to be delivered) so I am not making a comment about whether the Storm has good/bad battery life, just talking to how lithium ion batteries behave in general.

Best,

Philip
    11-26-08 03:40 AM
    sorry but with these new batterys there is no conditioning required . once the bars are full its full .. charge whenever , unplug whenever . either way the battery is all good
    11-26-08 03:43 AM
    The first Storm I had did not have the "extra sticker" people are talking about, while the replacement does.
    FYI, RIM put out an official statement on those stickers. It had nothing to do with the Storm (hardware or software) at all. They simply mis-printed some of the stickers and didn't notice the error until they were already on the boxes.
    11-26-08 05:07 AM
    ^^^^ yup never was a .86 or whatever ... but i hear a .91 is in the making .
    11-26-08 05:09 AM
    does it screw up the battery if u charge it before its fully dead?
    11-26-08 05:28 AM
    nope it dosent matter. it used to with the old battery .. but the new ones dosent matter . your good to go
    11-26-08 05:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD