So I've heard a lot different things about charging lithium ion batteries and hoping that with all the different ideas here I can finally get it cleared up. Do the three initial charge ups and running the battery all the way down really help? Is it bad to charge the battery too much, like plugging it in over night? Whats the best way to charge the battery? Thanks
    12-03-08 08:41 PM
    12-03-08 08:47 PM
    I hear the lithium batteries have no memory...

hope we get more feedback here
    12-03-08 08:48 PM
    Yeah I've heard they have memory and then that they don't, so I agree and hope we can get some of it figured out.
    12-03-08 10:02 PM
    you cannot overcharge a lithium battery. However, it is generally considered bad to run them all the way down (although the newer the better they can handle this). As a general rule, charge it whenever you can and you will get better performance. The whole "run it down" trick was for the older nickel batteries.

I have 7 smartphones under my belt and generally smartphones have bad battery life. I have gotten better than my peers by following that approach from the beginning.
    12-03-08 10:10 PM
    That sounds good to me, this definitely means I might have to buy the bedside cradle.
    12-03-08 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD