Ok, I'm sure its here somewhere but, after about 800 pages of "is .148 leaked the same as .148 official", I give up looking.

I have seen more than once where people say to make sure you battery is fully charged before doing an upgrade. Before seeing this, I have upgraded a few times without doing so and had no problems.

Just curious as to why you should have your battery fully charged and what are the possible outcomes of not?
    05-31-09 11:51 AM
    Ok, I'm sure its here somewhere but, after about 800 pages of "is .148 leaked the same as .148 official", I give up looking.

I have seen more than once where people say to make sure you battery is fully charged before doing an upgrade. Before seeing this, I have upgraded a few times without doing so and had no problems.

Just curious as to why you should have your battery fully charged and what are the possible outcomes of not?
    The upgrade can take up to 2 hours. You do NOT want the battery to die during the process.
    05-31-09 11:53 AM

Deacon is right... if you are doing the update OTA, then you should really leave your phone plugged into a wall outlet for the duration of the download. Even though a fully charged battery might do the trick, it is highly recommended that you just have it plugged in the entire time because it can take so long.

If you are just doing the update through DM, then the fully charged battery isn't an issue-- you'll already have a power source from having the phone plugged into the PC.
    05-31-09 11:57 AM
    Thanks! That makes since
    05-31-09 12:01 PM
    .184 Nate?
    05-31-09 12:08 PM
    Yes, I am way better than all of you! lol

Oops, did that after a long night shift, guess I better fix it! lol
    05-31-09 12:22 PM
    Thats better, thanks for pointing that out!
    05-31-09 12:24 PM
    If you are just doing the update through DM, then the fully charged battery isn't an issue-- you'll already have a power source from having the phone plugged into the PC.[/QUOTE]

I agree..some of these rules make no sense at all...full charged I'm sorry my laptop/desktop is the power source so I don't see the difference it would make
    05-31-09 12:25 PM
    The above posters are correct. I can't remember where but someone once mentioned doing an upgrade over OTA and having their battery drain out. It led the Phone into a "brick mode" and every attempt to fix was a failure. I do not know how true that is but I don't see why anyone would wish to take the risk of doing so.
    05-31-09 12:28 PM
    I agree..some of these rules make no sense at all...full charged I'm sorry my laptop/desktop is the power source so I don't see the difference it would make
    Your phone should only be plugged into a wall charger if you are doing the upgrade OTA, because it will drain your battery very quickly. It is suggested that you plug it into a wall charger, just in case your PC would power down for any reason during the OTA.

As I already stated, if you are doing the upgrade through your PC, then this wouldn't be an issue. If your PC would power down during an upgrade through DM, then you are scr*wed either way. Ha ha ha ha!
    05-31-09 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD