05-27-09 12:15 AM
34 12
tools
    I plug into the desktop cradle at the office (USB). But that is really only to keep the battery maintained, as I am often streaming Pandora or Slacker while at my desk.

Every night, the phone is plugged into A/C.
    05-26-09 03:38 PM
    i find my battery lasts longer when i charge it from wall then usb
    05-26-09 03:44 PM
    Wall charger.

USB is mainly used for desktop manager and so forth.

USB is good for a quick recharge but its very slow in comparison to charging via the wall charger.
    05-26-09 03:49 PM
    I use the wall outlet as well..
    05-26-09 03:57 PM
    i have a wall charger, and a storm dock that is connected to my USB for charging/syncing...both work well!
    05-26-09 04:22 PM
    Wall charger.. I left it in my USB last night, and woke up with less battery then when I went to sleep with.

Plus, my computers shut off on timers..
    05-26-09 08:35 PM
    I certainly wouldn't leave the PC on *just* to charge your phone but if it's running anyway, the efficiency will be higher to charge via USB than by the wall brick. The brick I got with my storm said 700ma (if I recall) which is higher than the most it could get via USB (500ma) so it should go a fair bit faster connected to the wall. In the limited testing I have done, if you are charging via USB and the clock 'screen saver' is on (keeping the screen lit) it will take a LONG time to charge, compared to the wall (with or without the clock). As a matter of habit, I always disable the clock when i plug it in to charge (so the screen will shut off). I have been tempted to just remove the clock app and save the hassle, it's a pretty lame 'feature' IMO.
    The clock itself it dumb imo but I keep it because it is my alarm..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 10:18 PM
    Wall charger.. I left it in my USB last night, and woke up with less battery then when I went to sleep with.

Plus, my computers shut off on timers..
    Yeah your computer needs to be on, and not in sleep mode, for it to charge your Berry.
    05-26-09 10:37 PM
    Yeah your computer needs to be on, and not in sleep mode, for it to charge your Berry.
    Yeah, I know. I thought that I turned the timer off on my desktop due to my wall charger still being packed away from the weekend, and the weekend full of excitement left me dead.
    05-27-09 12:15 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD