I've had my screen protector on for a couple days now and there are still some air bubbles in it. Looks like some dust particles may be in between the screen and the cover. If i remove it to apply a new one will the screen be compromised??
    11-28-08 12:16 AM
    It is not a real screen protector for every day use, it is intended to protect the screen during shipping only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 12:32 AM
    Not at all; just make sure you take your time. Luckily, I got mine on perfect the first time.
    11-28-08 12:32 AM
    I dont have the factory one on, i bought the screen protectors at the store. If i remove it after a week of being on, will it leave any sticky substance on the screen?
    11-28-08 12:35 AM
    It shouldn't, if it did then verizon would have to give you a new phone. and they would have a lot of pissed of people who bought the product.
    11-28-08 12:39 AM
    it shouldn't leave any adhesive, depends on how quick you take it off and how dirty it was/is. If there's anything left just wipe it off before applying.

However, I'm guessing Verizon overcharged you for what you bought. Check out bestskinsever.com instead. We have different devices, but if you want some pics you can click the link in my sig. There are some in there after I took it off as well so you can see what was left after removing.
    I dont have the factory one on, i bought the screen protectors at the store. If i remove it after a week of being on, will it leave any sticky substance on the screen?
    Sorry, I misunderstood you.

These things are sooooo hard to line up correctly! Whats a quick way to get the air bubbles out??
    11-28-08 12:43 AM
    While it's still wet, use your license or a flimsy plastic card (credit cards are usually too stiff I've found) and push them out.
    11-28-08 12:44 AM
    No it does not. I like the clarity of the VZW brand.

11-28-08 12:45 AM
    These things are sooooo hard to line up correctly! Whats a quick way to get the air bubbles out??
    I think you're pretty screwed once you get a bubble in there.

Hold the protector by the flap with one hand, and around the edges with the other hand. Then line up the bottom and slowly lower the bottom edge to the phone. If it doesn't like up properly, you can pull it back up. Once you get the bottom lined up and attached to the screen, slowly move your way up the phone with a credit card. You shouldn't get any air bubbles in it at all this way.
    11-28-08 12:48 AM
    The protectors vzw provides are a static cling style so they wll not leave any residue when removed.

I noticed that using a credit card leaves scuff marks on the film. try just using a finger to rub the bubbles out.

Last edited by jokerls240; 11-28-08 at 01:06 AM.
    11-28-08 01:02 AM
    Naw, just slightly curve the protector and roll it up. no need for any cards or plastic. if you roll slowly you will avoid any bubbles
    11-28-08 01:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD