Perhaps this is the X factor. As we know, the Storm's default setting of the key speed has hindered the typing speed, but once changed, has really alleviated a lot of those problems.

Do you think these reviewers were possibly victims of this default? Also, how much of a difference does it actually make??
    Last edited by LeonTheCat; 11-20-08 at 02:01 PM.
    11-20-08 01:53 PM
    I think that is the issue they are having . and they didnt read the setting change because it was posted here .. so they should try to change it and re review.. but good point OP
    11-20-08 01:55 PM
    Very good point, is there a way to do this?

EDIT: And/or can someone do this and let us know what happens?
    11-20-08 01:58 PM
    OP makes a very good point.

And I consider the majority of these "reviews" really more like "first looks".

They don't take the time to get used to the keyboard, or play with any of the advanced settings.

The keyboard-speed setting is one example, as is the "Browser Identification" setting in the web browser. If you don't change this from the default "Blackberry" setting, you end up getting "mobile" versions of many websites....which some reviewers have complained about.
    11-20-08 02:01 PM
    They are definitely 'first looks', they are reviewing a device that isn't even out yet and that will have a different OS version than they are reviewing. Its pretty ridiculous if you ask me.
    11-20-08 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD