So I have switched from an 8100 to an iPhone now I'm on a Storm...

Problem is I've got used to using a touch screen but really dislike this touchscreen on the storm as you have to actually press it to make it accept your choice, this slows me down a lot when typing. Does anyone know of a way to set the phone up so I don't have to push the screen so to put it but just tap it so it works like an iPhones?

Thanks for any help....
    03-16-09 05:28 AM
    That is not possible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 05:31 AM
    ok, thanks for your help....

Maybe it will be an option in future firmware....here's hopin...
    03-16-09 05:33 AM
    So I have switched from an 8100 to an iPhone now I'm on a Storm...

Problem is I've got used to using a touch screen but really dislike this touchscreen on the storm as you have to actually press it to make it accept your choice, this slows me down a lot when typing. Does anyone know of a way to set the phone up so I don't have to push the screen so to put it but just tap it so it works like an iPhones?

Thanks for any help....
    The surepress screen is one of the highlights of the storm, and therefore is not able to be deactivated.

Not to be rude, but the surepress has had a lot of media coverage and advertising. with all that known, why did you choose to get the storm if you don't like the function?
    03-16-09 05:36 AM
    There must be a way to do it. When using Opera Mini as a browser its all touch, no press. Its only for the inscreen clickies and not keyboard, but shows its possible. Drove me nuts until I got used to it. Wouldn't want it for typing tho.

03-16-09 06:56 AM
    Not to be rude, but the surepress has had a lot of media coverage and advertising. with all that known, why did you choose to get the storm if you don't like the function?
    I was about to say the same exact thing.
    03-16-09 06:58 AM
    The phone itself cant have it disabled, as it is locked by RIM, but individual apps can disable the surepress function
    03-16-09 07:25 AM
    There must be a way to do it. When using Opera Mini as a browser its all touch, no press. Its only for the inscreen clickies and not keyboard, but shows its possible. Drove me nuts until I got used to it. Wouldn't want it for typing tho.

An application may control the input method, but not system wide.
    03-16-09 07:44 AM
    The phone itself cant have it disabled, as it is locked by RIM, but individual apps can disable the surepress function
    In reality, the phone can support this if RIM chooses to support it. There is no physical limitation. It's just unlikely that RIM will take away the thing that makes this phone unique.
    I figure you knew this Bigdaddy, but the OP might not understand.
    As for the person that wrote this, give the storm a chance, the click is pretty nice once you get used to it. I pick up regular touch screens and try to click them now.
    03-16-09 07:46 AM
    In reality, the phone can support this if RIM chooses to support it. There is no physical limitation. It's just unlikely that RIM will take away the thing that makes this phone unique.
    I figure you knew this Bigdaddy, but the OP might not understand.
    As for the person that wrote this, give the storm a chance, the click is pretty nice once you get used to it. I pick up regular touch screens and try to click them now.
    Im glad you clarified that, you beat me to it. lol :-P I was looking at it debating whether i should clear it up or not. you are correct though. RIM just currently has it locked. But possible.
    03-16-09 07:58 AM
    i love the click/push function of the storm, its one of the better features in my opinion
    03-16-09 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD