My question is are you going to switch from your current carrier to vzw for the storm and why? Just wanna know what the change over rate will be. Sorry if this has already been posted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by kingohearts2005; 10-14-08 at 03:18 PM.
    10-14-08 03:16 PM
    I was going to change anyways because I'm not happy with sprint and the Storm just helps out all the more.
    10-14-08 03:18 PM
    I was going to change anyways because I'm not happy with sprint and the Storm just helps out all the more.
    Yeah I know what you mean I made that same conversion in February. Terrible customer service but if I wasn't with vzw right now I'd definitely switch. Thank god I already did.

10-14-08 03:21 PM
    headed to Verizon from Sprint...ONLY for the Storm.

I have an awesome plan with Sprint (1,200 anytime, unlimited everything else...$45!!) and i hate to give it up...but the Storm is awesome!!!!
    10-14-08 03:24 PM

I have an awesome plan with Sprint (1,200 anytime, unlimited everything else...$45!!) and i hate to give it up...but the Storm is awesome!!!!
    LOL. I guess I'm just crazy because I LOVE my BB's (just got the Flip because I'm on T.Mobile and there's no definite timeframe of them releasing or even getting the Bold or Storm and no release date for Curve 2 yet) but I don't think I could pass up that $45! especially if that's WITH the Blackberry add on!
    10-14-08 03:29 PM

Because it's awesome sounds like a pretty good freaking reason to me. For all you vzw newcomers I'm pretty sure you already know that vzw is one of the I'd not the most expensive carrier. But my take is the money that you invest in them is the reason why they are the most reliable and also soon to be largest network. To get quality you must pay. Just look @ this comparison. AT&T newtwork vs. Vzw network is like comparing playstation online (free) to xbox live(paid). No comparison. So trust me you're making the right choice. I love vzw and now that the storm is coming I'm glad I have a brick home(vzw) and not a mobile home(AT&T).

10-14-08 03:33 PM
    LOL. I guess I'm just crazy because I LOVE my BB's (just got the Flip because I'm on T.Mobile and there's no definite timeframe of them releasing or even getting the Bold or Storm and no release date for Curve 2 yet) but I don't think I could pass up that $45! especially if that's WITH the Blackberry add on!
    no blackberry...i currently have a Treo 700p

but yeah...it is going to suck to have to pay an additional $45 -50 per month for service. it was inevitable though. i recently got married and need to add my wife to my plan. Sprint was going to make me get a new plan anyway. sooooo...why not spend a few more bucks a month to have the greatest device to ever hit the market!!!!!
    10-14-08 03:37 PM
    no blackberry...i currently have a Treo 700p

but yeah...it is going to suck to have to pay an additional $45 -50 per month for service. it was inevitable though. i recently got married and need to add my wife to my plan. Sprint was going to make me get a new plan anyway. sooooo...why not spend a few more bucks a month to have the greatest device to ever hit the market!!!!!
    Well put. Greatness will soon be amongst us.

10-14-08 03:40 PM
    Yeah....making the switch from Sprint here myself. Past few weeks, I've either been roaming almost 90% of the time, or have had calls drop, etc. etc.

I'm currently on the 69.99 450 Everything plan, with a 15% discount...but the Plan at Verizon will be more, but my company gives me more discounts with Verizon (18% on voice plans, 20% on additional services).
    10-14-08 03:54 PM
    coming over from AT&T - I've had them forever (8+ years) and really haven't had much to complain about...especially since I got put into business customer care with my AF discount. In the end, it's coming down to not wanting to deal with AT&Ts sh*t for phone release schedules and their BS surrounding the 3G network...in my search for a new phone, the BB Storm seems to crush the competition, unless I were to shell out $800 for an unlocked (grey market) HTC Touch HD when it's released.

Everyone here at work seems to think the BBs are the sh*t, so I'm gonna give it a try in style - goodbye HTC Touch and AT&T...can you hear me now?
    10-14-08 04:37 PM
    I will be leaving alltel. Even though we might be verizon by years end, I can't wait that long!! Hope verizon alltel deal still goes through. Got no verizon here and alltel has EVDO here. So I will have to settle with 1X til the buyout HOPEFULLY is done. All worth it for the storm!!

10-14-08 04:40 PM
    If verizon wasn't such a rip off I would.

Im going to wait for the GSM Storm.

10-14-08 04:40 PM

To each his own. If you read my previous post you would see that I've already said for great quality you must pay.

10-14-08 05:14 PM
    As an employee, I know the storm won't be available to me any time soon......maybe that's a good thing though, I can play with it before I spend the money. Not sure I can part with my curve anyway.
    10-14-08 05:18 PM
    As an employee, I know the storm won't be available to me any time soon......maybe that's a good thing though, I can play with it before I spend the money. Not sure I can part with my curve anyway.
    Why wouldn't it be available to you on the release? When will you have access to owning one?

10-14-08 05:23 PM
    I will be leaving Sprint for the Storm, I don't get out of my contract till Feb 16th though. So I might have to wait. I hope Sprint goes through with the Prorated ETF in 2008 like they promised in a press release in 2007....if not I will just call them everyday on my breaks to make them want to release me without paying an ETF. I can make it really unprofitable for them really quick.
    10-14-08 05:57 PM
    Feel blessed you all have the Verizon option-out here in WV we don't have Verizon wireless, which is the service I came from. I switched to Sprint so I could get the data and all because enhanced services do not work here-only text/calls. SUCKS!! But I have heard word that Verizon wireless is shortly hitting the WV market and you can bet your dollars I'm switching back as soon as they do!!! And not because of the Storm, but because of the great service I hd with them for 8 years before I switched to sucky Sprint.

10-14-08 06:30 PM
    My question is are you going to switch from your current carrier to vzw for the storm and why? Just wanna know what the change over rate will be. Sorry if this has already been posted.

I was going to switch to Sprint because of the price and theuy seem to have the cooler phones. A VZW rep showed me a VZW memo about it when I went to pay my bill. Started researching it. The I found u twisted pucks; so whala
    10-14-08 07:24 PM
    I was going to switch to Sprint because of the price and theuy seem to have the cooler phones. A VZW rep showed me a VZW memo about it when I went to pay my bill. Started researching it. The I found u twisted pucks; so whala
    Well aren't we glad to hear that. Well we need to take the world by storm with the storm so I really hope we can get a lot of storm users so RIM can take the smartphone world back.

10-14-08 08:09 PM

I agree- verizon is a rip- so unlocked storm for me. It will pay for itself in 6 months to pay a little extra for a unlocked vs paying 90.00 bucks a month to verizon.
    10-14-08 09:49 PM
    Well, I am with Tmobile in the mean time. At 1st I loved T-mobile after my switch from sprint. But the flex pay really isn't for me and i miss having a real non-immature carrier such as Tmobile is. Plus my Pearl is really down on its last leg basically and I want to be in the Eye Of The Storm with VZW
    10-14-08 09:52 PM
    I'm with At&t for now, though if I do leave, the one thing I'll miss is the rollover minutes. What I won't miss, is the dropped calls and low 3g signal.
    10-14-08 09:54 PM
    I am currently with AT&T and I was all set to upgrade my Curve to a Bold but the Bold is still a no show on AT&T (unless I spend $$$ on an unlocked Bold). I started getting emails from Verizon on the Storm and did some research on the Storm and now I am seriously considering dumping AT&T for Verizon when the Storm comes out. And anyone who is waiting for AT&T to get the Storm, I wouldn't hold my breath. Considering all the delays with the Bold, it is not likely the Storm will be coming to AT&T anytime soon.
    10-14-08 11:35 PM
    i was going to switch from sprint as soon as the storm was released, not that i have any problems with them; i can't recall the last time i had a dropped call and i generally get great reception/service everywhere i go... i can understand the people who complain about att's service, since "i've been there, done that," but i personally have nothing against sprint... i wish the storm was coming to sprint, so i can just get the damn thing [whenever they decide to release it ] with the "simply everything" plan and be on my way... unfortunately, it's not that straight forward with verizon... as far as i know it's $40 for the 450 voice plan, $30 for the bb plan, and whatever txt plan i decide to get... i know the phone will be damn good and verizon has great service, but i don't think i want to pay near-$100 every month on a cellphone bill... especially since i'm only paying $70 for the comparable service... it will be pretty difficult, but i think i just might have to pass on the storm and wait for the next best thing from sprint...
    10-14-08 11:59 PM
    Sprint will probably have the bold/niagera around jan-feb'09 and to be honest I would prefer a QWERTY over a all touchscreen, but the Storm does look sick.

I can give up my plan on Sprint, in these economic times, when I have perfect service where I live, work, and play on Sprint.

Yes Verizon is a real Rip off for the Fact you pay 30% more and get Crippled feature phones. And if you think the Storm won't be crippled your foolinf youself.

So I will wait for Sprint to release the Bold.
    Might even get it out the door before ATT at this point, and you know Sprint's bold is going to blow ATT out the water.

10-15-08 07:30 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD