ive looked thru the threads, and havent been able to find much, sorry if this is covered somewhere else. question is, i have an original storm from release day, and ive heard from a few people that somewhere along the line, some hardware changed with the screen to make it easier to click the corners. Supposedly its not a mod, but something RIM did. is there any truth to this, cause if so, i have enough reasons to stop being lazy and replace my storm

Thanks
    05-31-09 12:39 AM
    ive looked thru the threads, and havent been able to find much, sorry if this is covered somewhere else. question is, i have an original storm from release day, and ive heard from a few people that somewhere along the line, some hardware changed with the screen to make it easier to click the corners. Supposedly its not a mod, but something RIM did. is there any truth to this, cause if so, i have enough reasons to stop being lazy and replace my storm

Thanks
    Eh, I don't know about actual changes to the design, but different Storm's were manufactured in different locations around the world. Some places may have tighter QC than others.

Just try a couple of the common tricks first... business card ripped down to size and placed on top of battery, stickers under battery, a dime. Run a search, there's a lot of threads about improving the click already.

Enjoy!
    05-31-09 12:45 AM
    I may be mistaken, but I highly doubt they changed any hardware. Like Craterz said, there are many fixes for the screen issue. I would go with the Torx screw fix because it seems like the most professional fix to me.
    05-31-09 01:27 AM
    cool thanks for the info
    05-31-09 01:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD