I'm a new Storm owner and have been setting mine up the past few days. I have consolidated my applications and other icons into as few folders as possible to keep things organized.

I've found that if I change my theme, I am back to the default Home Screen with all the icons out of the folders. Is this normal or likely to be a problem with the specific themes I've downloaded?

Thanks!

-=kt=-
    04-24-09 12:57 PM
    I am relatively new to this too, and I am seeing the same thing...
    04-24-09 01:19 PM
    The folders and their arrangement are theme driven every new theme you will have to customize your folders etc...
    04-24-09 01:21 PM
    yes the customization is by theme if you will - so you can have multiple configurations. It may seem like a pain but also has benefits as some themes need different number of folders or icons in different spots.
    04-24-09 01:31 PM
    yes the customization is by theme if you will - so you can have multiple configurations. It may seem like a pain but also has benefits as some themes need different number of folders or icons in different spots.
    OK, so if I change themes and come back to the one I customized it will be the way I left it? I guess that's not too bad... I just thought I had to customize each time the theme changed, but that might be because I tried 3-4 themes all on one day. A lot of moving, hiding and rearranging!

Thanks!
    04-24-09 01:33 PM
    Yep once you arrange in a theme they stay that way
    04-24-09 01:34 PM
    Boo... I'm finding that this isn't working I set up everything in a theme called Neon then changed to a new theme and back to Neon. Now all the icons/folders are back to the default. Any ideas why the theme wouldn't keep my settings?
    04-24-09 02:51 PM
    nope. should work fine (I switch back and forth quite a bit.)
    04-24-09 03:38 PM
    That's why I just stick to the default theme.
    04-24-09 04:18 PM
    Hmmm... The default Zen theme (that came on th phone) seems to retain my settings. Maybe I'll see if I can find an email address for the Neon theme's developer to ask if that's a known bug or something. I've changed it back and forth a few times but it doesn't come back to my custom setup.
    04-24-09 04:35 PM
    That's why I just stick to the default theme.
    the whining forum is two doors to the left.
    04-24-09 04:37 PM
    Do you need to reboot or do a battery pull after changing themes or should it take complete effect immediately? I just switched from the default Zen back to Neon and it changed all the icons to the glowing Neon colors but the layout is still the Zen layout. Maybe I've got something setup wrong?
    04-24-09 05:10 PM
    Do you need to reboot or do a battery pull after changing themes or should it take complete effect immediately? I just switched from the default Zen back to Neon and it changed all the icons to the glowing Neon colors but the layout is still the Zen layout. Maybe I've got something setup wrong?
    I think it may be a bug with that theme then. You shouldn't have to do a battery pull after. When I switch back and forth between the couple of themes that I have, they automatically retain my settings without having to do anything else. (You could try a battery pull to see if it works.)
    04-24-09 05:16 PM
    the whining forum is two doors to the left.
    Obviously you hang out there far too often. There wasn't a hint of whining in my post. Just a simple statement about my preference to stick with the default theme, which works well for my needs. Yet, you felt the need to publicly whine about my post, in a flaming fashion.
    04-24-09 06:13 PM
    Just a simple statement about my preference to stick with the default theme, which works well for my needs.
    If there was a "Today" screen on the main screen in the default theme I'd probably stick with it. I want to see the day's appts, etc. on the screen at a glance.

Will have to delete the Neon theme and try a few others to see if the problem persists...
    04-24-09 06:40 PM
    It is a great idea to do a battery pull after you change the theme. If you do that, you will probably find that it retains your folders correctly. That has been my experience. However, for the last 8 weeks I have only used the default theme. I got tired of the constant memory leaks, even with the best of themes. At least, that's my experience.
    04-25-09 08:12 PM
    I have gone through all of these things, and I also find that pulling the battery works very well for retaining your setup per-theme. I was wondering, does anyone know of a theme with the least amount of memory leaks? I find that some themes make my Storm run much, much slower than others.
    05-18-09 03:51 AM
    I have gone through all of these things, and I also find that pulling the battery works very well for retaining your setup per-theme. I was wondering, does anyone know of a theme with the least amount of memory leaks? I find that some themes make my Storm run much, much slower than others.

There is a forum already that discusses that topic. Also It is definitely a good idea to do a battery pull after installing a theme. Some themes even require it so that it doesnt become buggy.
    05-18-09 11:03 AM
    IDK about the battery pulls. All five of my themes retain everything to the folders and even the hidden icons so I think it is theme related.
    05-18-09 11:07 AM
    I do wish there were a way to lock folders and stuff from theme to theme... I'm reluctant to change themes because I'm too lazy to reorganize everything.
    05-18-09 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD