Hi All,

I've been thinking about this for a long time, and wanted to throw out a suggestion (RIMM, are you listening? ). The most frustrating thing for me about this great device, is that GUI on the phone. We are all frustrated when we inadvertently put a call on speaker or mute with our face, plus we all need access to the number pad during a phone call to dial extensions or access voice mail.

The solution seems so simple!

If the keypad were ALWAYS visible during a phone call, but RIMM just slid it up about 1/2 cm. Then, just put the other features below the keypad on a perminant basis (the same size/format as the buttons on the browser, email, etc.).

So, below the *, 0 & # keys, but the following:
    (speaker, mute, flash, add participate & home screen)

It just seems like a waste to have those big buttons visible during a call.

Am I alone here, or do you guys (gals) all agree?
    05-21-09 11:18 AM
    I will agree with you because I have hung up on my wife a few times.
    Hi All,

I've been thinking about this for a long time, and wanted to throw out a suggestion (RIMM, are you listening? ). The most frustrating thing for me about this great device, is that GUI on the phone. We are all frustrated when we inadvertently put a call on speaker or mute with our face, plus we all need access to the number pad during a phone call to dial extensions or access voice mail.

The solution seems so simple!

If the keypad were ALWAYS visible during a phone call, but RIMM just slid it up about 1/2 cm. Then, just put the other features below the keypad on a perminant basis (the same size/format as the buttons on the browser, email, etc.).

So, below the *, 0 & # keys, but the following:
    (speaker, mute, flash, add participate & home screen)

It just seems like a waste to have those big buttons visible during a call.

Am I alone here, or do you guys (gals) all agree?
    05-21-09 11:21 AM
    That actually makes pretty good sense. Those buttons are still needed but why not make them smaller so the chances of accidentally hitting them gets reduced.

Very good idea!!
    05-21-09 11:37 AM
    Great idea! I get tired of having to pop up the dial pad when navigating my voicemail. Would be nice if it was already on the screen. There's plenty of room to put everything.
    05-21-09 12:36 PM
    Let's do it! RIMM???
    05-22-09 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD