I've searched for this, but can't find anything....

Is there any way to change the default password keyboard? My company has forced a lock password, so I have to use the password keyboard all the time just to access the phone. The problem is that the keys on the "abc" keyboard are so small, I can't enter my password quickly. (I have no idea why they couldn't have made the keys the same size as the number keypad for dialing the phone!) It would be great to be able to change it to the SureType keyboard.

Thanks!
    01-27-09 04:28 PM
    I don't think there's a way to change it. I'm guessing due to security reasons they would only want to support explicit/exact text entries. So multi-tap or QWERTY only...no auto-text, etc...

You could try a shorter password or a set of characters that is easier to type? There seems to be little enforcement regarding the strength of the password...
    01-27-09 05:22 PM
    Thanks! Actually the company has set it so it's a minimum of 4 characters, with no repeats or patterns. I know 4 characters is short, but it's still such a pain to take the time to carefully press the right 4 buttons.
    01-28-09 04:44 PM
    Not sure if this was obvious, but you could set your password to something like "ADGJ". If you are in portrait mode, you'll be forced to the numeric keypad. Because each letter in that password above is the first letter on a numeral key, you essentially are just typing "2345" (no multiple taps). You could pick letters on numerals farther apart...would make it hard to fat-finger. FWIW.
    01-28-09 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD