I performed my change OTA Dec. 5th as prescribed via Verizon. I did all the back-up stuff, etc.

When I first received the Storm it worked awesome. The newest software release has it working slow as smoke. It can sometimes take forever to move from one screen to the next, I miss calls because the I cannot answer a bloody call in time, and sometimes the screen simply locks up and I stare at it for about 30 seconds.

I've read other blogs and hear different users experiences various issues. Just wondering if others have had similar problems.

I will probably call Verizon but I know what it entails - the everlong methodical try this, try that routine when I have been in wireless telecommunications for years. Verizon actually contacted me with questions and suggested I re-install the software via MyVerizon.

Let's just say since the upgrade I always show two missing messages I do not have. And the phone has basically regressed to crap.

I don't see how the thing can get any slower.

Also, yesterday there were application updates for the device and I got a message while syncing that said my application was full and could not accept additional information.

Those are my, "Issues." Honest ideas and input are welcome.

Perhaps similar posts have been provided. I have been on the site here for about half an hour. I read a lot of critical people in regard to multiple posts. Some of us do not have all day to peruse the Net.

Thanks all!
    LStorm_1989
    01-07-09 04:48 PM
    1a. read the manual.
    1b. 2 messages are in messages folder from registering on the network.

2. delete vznav and other apps you dont use (vvm)

3. battery pull
    01-07-09 05:11 PM
    I had the same problem. Battery pulls did nothing. I then wiped the phone and reinstalled .75. Phone worked great after that. Start from a clean slate, wipe your phone and do a fresh install.
    01-07-09 05:29 PM
    Go here for info c/o Crucial_Xtreme <--reliable source.

forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-wipe-jl_cmder-53502/
    Last edited by ArmsDlr; 01-07-09 at 05:39 PM.
    01-07-09 05:34 PM
    Actually pulling the battery freed up memory with no problem. Already figured to do that before I looked up the blog tonight.

I sure do agree with other posts as to RIM's decision on memory allocation. You compete with iPhone and neglect apps?

Not that I am looking for an iPhone anytime soon. But I did select this phone based on data and entertainment. RIM has lots of work to do in regard to the latter.

As for the 2 messages in a folder because they registered on the network - do not see them in ANY of the message folders. Thus why I asked the question. I checked the folders as soon as the upgrade went through last month. They ARE NOT THERE. Have not been there for what, a month now? People I know (who own other Blackberry's) have question marks as well. Ez OK. Verizon tech support... on it this weekend...

Yes they are a pain but if one is patient, admits he or she actually knows 101 of a device, they normally work with you. If not, I hang up and try again. Eventually someone comes on the line that knows you do not have all day to troubleshoot.

ArmsDlr thanks for the tips. I really do appreciate it. I worked for AT&T and used the Curve as my company line. There honestly is a difference IMO. Still getting used to this thing but have a very firm grasp on things. I'm just glad it is back up to speed.

Best of luck and feel free to msg me anytime.
    LStorm_1989
    01-07-09 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD