Ok. many of us were worried about the gap and were told it is sealed to protect the phone.... NOT TRUE! I installed an IS face cover I picked up from BestBuy until I could get my BSE full body skin and solution got behind the screen. My phone is not usable right now and I am hoping after it dries out it will return to service. If you are installing a cover, do so at risk to your device. I won't ever do it again.
    Last edited by Primate; 11-23-08 at 09:49 AM.
    11-23-08 09:43 AM
    x2.

I didn't get solution behind the lens, but I can confirm that dust gets trapped in there.
    11-23-08 09:46 AM
    "after it dries out"

How did it get wet?
    11-23-08 09:48 AM
    "after it dries out"

How did it get wet?

Did you read my post?
    11-23-08 09:49 AM
    x2.

I didn't get solution behind the lens, but I can confirm that dust gets trapped in there.
    just curious....how can you confirm that dust gets trapped there....not doubting you though
    11-23-08 09:49 AM
    just curious....how can you confirm that dust gets trapped there....not doubting you though
    Ah, I should have been more specific. Dust gets in behind the lens but on top of the screen. In other words, I can see dust on the screen, but I can't wipe it off!

I just pray that the dust doesn't accumulate over time and get worse and worse. But I think that that's an unreasonable hope. If I already have dust (and I use a holster), then it's just gonna get worse and worse.

Dust on top right corner when in portrait.
    11-23-08 09:53 AM
    Did you read my post?
    Yes. I read that you didn't understand that the screen wasn't sealed. I'm not sure how somebody could read posts on message boards telling you that it is sealed (even though there is light spillover from underneath the floating screen) and wrongly assume that it's "sealed".

EDIT: Just went to the site and read the instructions on how to use. I now see how the solution would have gotten under the screen. Seems to me IS is going to have to have a massive recall! Honestly, I could see how people would trust that this company would be continuing to provide a good product. Looks like they should have tested it out a bit further on this specific device.
    Last edited by the1jake; 11-23-08 at 10:03 AM.
    11-23-08 09:54 AM
    Does anybody know if screen is scratch resistant?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 09:57 AM
    I would assume it is but I am not going to test it out
    11-23-08 10:00 AM
    Does anybody know if screen is scratch resistant?

No, it is not. No cell phone has a scratch resistant screen.
    11-23-08 10:01 AM
    there all "scratch-resistant" however non of them are even remotely strong enough to be considered "scratch-proof" (as in only a diamond can scratch it)
    11-23-08 10:03 AM
    Well **** so much for me getting a bse because they also need solution let us know what ends up happening and by the way you are suppose to leave your device off for 24 hours when using solutions

11-23-08 10:07 AM
    the gap isn't sealed? i 6 months i see hundreds of threds title, "HEHHHEEEELLLLLLPPPP my screen wont click"

cause there is all kinds of cookies up in there...
    11-23-08 10:09 AM
    Well **** so much for me getting a bse because they also need solution
    I know. Currently I'm waiting for BSE to come out. But, now I'm note sure what I'll do.
    11-23-08 10:13 AM
    Why don't you just pick up the screen protectors from Verizon ? That's what I have and they work PERFECTLY without the need for liquid.
    11-23-08 10:16 AM
    the gap isn't sealed? i 6 months i see hundreds of threds title, "HEHHHEEEELLLLLLPPPP my screen wont click"

cause there is all kinds of cookies up in there...
    can't contribute much to this thread but... lol
    11-23-08 10:20 AM
    buy stock in compressed air cans. I use them for my keyboard on my laptop but will make a habit ob blowing out my BB screen once a week or so. I wouldn't recommend hitting it full blast but doing it lightly every so often can't hurt.
    11-23-08 10:21 AM
    They all require a solution.. BSE - IS - GA. It could be user error and I used to much solution so you may be able to apply it without issue. I was not so lucky

I have installed many of these on other devices without issue. I did not use any more solution then what I have used in the past. A very light coat on the back of the cover and a couple sprays on the squeegee so it does not pull on the cover when I am smoothing it out.
    11-23-08 10:21 AM
    buy stock in compressed air cans. I use them for my keyboard on my laptop but will make a habit ob blowing out my BB screen once a week or so. I wouldn't recommend hitting it full blast but doing it lightly every so often can't hurt.
    DO NOT USE COMPRESSED AIR.

Huge mistake. I am speaking from experience. I went through three Curves (each made in Mexico) before getting a dust free unit from Canada. When I used compressed air in the gap/seam, the air only pushed the adhesives further apart, and then blasted 10x more dust onto the screen.

If you must use the compressed air, DO NOT blast the air into the gap. You will be extremely upset to see dust fly into the screen.
    11-23-08 10:24 AM
    Ah, I should have been more specific. Dust gets in behind the lens but on top of the screen. In other words, I can see dust on the screen, but I can't wipe it off!

I just pray that the dust doesn't accumulate over time and get worse and worse. But I think that that's an unreasonable hope. If I already have dust (and I use a holster), then it's just gonna get worse and worse.

Dust on top right corner when in portrait.
    canned air? might try it ....let us know if it helps or if it blows all your icons to the bottom of the screen.

lol never mind.....
    11-23-08 10:24 AM
    Ok. many of us were worried about the gap and were told it is sealed to protect the phone.... NOT TRUE! I installed an IS face cover I picked up from BestBuy until I could get my BSE full body skin and solution got behind the screen. My phone is not usable right now and I am hoping after it dries out it will return to service. If you are installing a cover, do so at risk to your device. I won't ever do it again.

Thank for posting the warning and this really SUX..
    Guess my IS will be going back when I finally do get it, and i'll roll with a snap on case and a solutionless screen protector...
    11-23-08 10:26 AM
    Like I said - don't fully blast the air on the phone. Just do it lightly. OR - live w/ the dust.
    can't contribute much to this thread but... lol
    food for thought "eat all your cookies"
    Like I said - don't fully blast the air on the phone. Just do it lightly. OR - live w/ the dust.
    i agree...i can see it only spreading it further down the screen.....tip"buy insurance"
    11-23-08 10:28 AM
    Why don't you just pick up the screen protectors from Verizon ? That's what I have and they work PERFECTLY without the need for liquid.
    I did this, and they put it on and the guy smudged the screen, and everything. Absolutely horrible to look at. I took it off to replace, and it was already ruined (there were smudges on the screen protector as well). I suggest if you do this, to put it on yourself.
    11-23-08 10:29 AM
115 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD