I tried to use it twice yesterday and was not successful. I went to BestBuy first and the cashier couldn't get the barcode to scan. I explained the app to her and she thought it was pretty cool if it worked and wanted it for her iphone. She ended up just typing in the numbers since neither of us could get it to scan. (yes, she even gave me the scanner gun to try myself.) Same thing happened at ShopRite last night, couldn't get it to scan. I have an Ivisible Shield on my Storm 2. Could that be part of the problem?
    05-08-10 07:07 AM
    Apparently screen protectors can contribute to the App not working per the developers...

I tried to use it twice yesterday and was not successful. I went to BestBuy first and the cashier couldn't get the barcode to scan. I explained the app to her and she thought it was pretty cool if it worked and wanted it for her iphone. She ended up just typing in the numbers since neither of us could get it to scan. (yes, she even gave me the scanner gun to try myself.) Same thing happened at ShopRite last night, couldn't get it to scan. I have an Ivisible Shield on my Storm 2. Could that be part of the problem?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-10 11:15 AM
    YEp . that is the problem .. I have one too.
    05-08-10 12:20 PM
    I must say that the fake battery meter on the app is cheesy. It showed a different reading than my actual battery meter. Also, the 3G symbol for my Vzw Tour confused me at first. Deleted it for now, but will reconsider the app after its update.

05-08-10 01:36 PM
    Apparently screen protectors can contribute to the App not working per the developers...

Screen protectors aren't the problem. I don't use one and it still won't scan.

05-08-10 01:49 PM

I don't have a screen protector on my S2.
    05-08-10 01:51 PM
    Didnt work for me at Duane Reade or NY Sports Clubs.
    05-08-10 02:15 PM
    It's a shame because this could be a great app. Back to the drawing board. I give it 2 out of 10.

05-08-10 02:53 PM
    Even though it can't scan properly, I still like the app. Just having the numbers for the cards is nice, so even if it won't scan they can type the numbers in.
    05-08-10 08:12 PM
    Even though it can't scan properly, I still like the app. Just having the numbers for the cards is nice, so even if it won't scan they can type the numbers in.
    Yeah, but if that's the case then you could also just type the numbers into your MemoPad or something and save the 3+ MB of space.

On the bright side, at least this app was free because it's certainly not worth anything that I can see...lol!
    05-08-10 09:51 PM
    Yeah, but if that's the case then you could also just type the numbers into your MemoPad or something and save the 3+ MB of space.

On the bright side, at least this app was free because it's certainly not worth anything that I can see...lol!
    Agree )
    It wasting your memory space up to 4MB.
    05-08-10 10:20 PM
    I think I solved the problem of the thing not scanning correctly. On my phone I turned the screen brightness setting down and then the hand held scanners seem to read the screen's barcode.

One of the amazing aspects of bb's is that you can turn the screen up awefully bright. I think that seems to make the glass screen to reflective. With my brightness setting reduced below 70 it picks up fine.

Experiment with dimmer settings guys and see if it helps.

05-08-10 11:44 PM
    i love this app. BUT it doesnt scan at a lot of locations. Unfortunatly it was written mainly for android and iphone , which it works perfect.
    05-09-10 10:02 AM
    bb always gets the crappy end of the stick
    05-09-10 10:02 AM
    Deleting it now. Bye bye.

05-09-10 01:21 PM
    tried it for the first time at stop and shop this morning and it didnt work ... i have an antiglare screen protector that may be the problem?

whats the point of it if it cant scan
    05-09-10 01:47 PM
    tried it for the first time at stop and shop this morning and it didnt work ... i have an antiglare screen protector that may be the problem?

whats the point of it if it cant scan
    What is your brightness set at? I keep the brightness of my S2 @ 10% w/a Phantom Skin on the screen and have not had a problem.

05-09-10 03:50 PM
    What is your brightness set at? I keep the brightness of my S2 @ 10% w/a Phantom Skin on the screen and have not had a problem.

50 ... i dunno i tried to swipe it a few times it didnt work so i gave up maybe ill try again somewhere else
    05-09-10 04:23 PM
    I have brightness set at 10 and I have the Verizon protector installed with no luck. If I have to try every setting and screen protector combination on the planet to get it to work then it's too much trouble...lol!
    05-09-10 05:12 PM
    help! dont have any bes/bis results in unrecognised phone model ...is there any direct ota link for 9520? thanks
    05-10-10 04:13 AM
    I just tried to use this at Winn Dixie. It made a beep when she scanned it, but didnt work. I had to give her my card.

Nice idea, either I did something wrong when entering the card, or the software has a bug.
    05-10-10 06:23 AM
    Seriously, 5 pages and nothing but failure. I hope the company is reading this....
    05-10-10 06:32 AM
    Seriously, 5 pages and nothing but failure. I hope the company is reading this....
    yup . . . . . . I really wanted to "like" this app, but too many negative reviews . . . I'll pass
    05-10-10 08:07 AM
    i love this app. BUT it doesnt scan at a lot of locations.
    True. Doesn't work at all at most locations. Wonder if you have to have certain screen settings.
    05-10-10 08:27 AM
    Great idea... if it worked. Tried a couple times over the weekend with no success. Bye bye Card Star!
    05-10-10 08:39 AM
104 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD