I completely agree with storing the monstrosity database on memory card. This is way too big of a hit for a card code application. Or why can't just the app install, and then as you add cards it goes to the website to bring back the graphic and fonts, etc. that are specific to that card? So you have just the underlying graphics and what not only for the cards you use.

I'm also disappointed that this app requires a menu exit to close it rather than the end key closing it. I do not need this app constantly opened in the background. I have to scan cards once or twice a week tops.

Between the huge file size and the clunky exit I don't think this is going to be a keeper on my phone.
    05-05-10 07:25 AM
    Couple of things....

If after you enter a card and it doesn't show up, I would just exit the program and wait about a minute and re-enter and it would be there (a bit annoying).

If there are numbers before and/or after the actual bar code, enter those too (like Stop 'n Shop cards)

and, it does work. Used it last night at Stop 'n Shop. Cashier used scan gun and it worked without a problem.
    05-05-10 08:09 AM
    It was a big file even before adding any cards. I've added three and it won't let me add anymore

***apparently they are there even thought they are not listed. When I try to re-enter it says that the title is already in use? But I don't see it listed.
    Do a Batt pull. Worked for me. Just before I uninstalled because of to much memory space used!!
    05-05-10 08:23 AM
    Yup--great app, poor execution. I'll wait until it get's updated. Uses way too much memory.
    Last edited by PaintDrinkingPete; 05-05-10 at 11:18 AM.
    05-05-10 09:09 AM
    Used it yesterday at CVS. Worked fine. If only numbers show up hit blackberry button and option screen says show bar code. Thats it. Worked great.
    05-05-10 10:37 AM
    Seems fine for me. Not a memory concern on this phone for me either. Ok to start with but I do see room for improvement as others have mentioned with this app.
    05-05-10 01:42 PM
    It was a big file even before adding any cards. I've added three and it won't let me add anymore

***apparently they are there even thought they are not listed. When I try to re-enter it says that the title is already in use? But I don't see it listed.
    exit out of the app then return. Seems the "list of cards" isn't refreshed until you do. Your original list is in a cache of some sort.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 02:21 PM
    exit out of the app then return. Seems the "list of cards" isn't refreshed until you do. Your original list is in a cache of some sort.

Cool. Thanks. I kept going back to it and they weren't they but I wasn't actually closing it out. They are there now.

05-05-10 02:27 PM
    This was posted on Twitter 2 hours ago:

MyCardStar #blackberry users we hear you: working on a much, much slimmer version of #cardstar right now
    05-05-10 03:16 PM
    I just received this email from CardStar concerning Backup/Restore:

"The card entries that you input are stored within your app. We do not externally export and store your card information anywhere. However, we are adding a feature shortly which will allow users to log in through the app and back up their card entries on a private external server. Only the user would be able to log in and then restore their card entries if they were ever lost or accidentally deleted. We are working on this for the next major update which should occur within the 2-3 months."

I hope that this answers anyone questions
    05-05-10 06:00 PM
    I noticed you cannot get a barcode if you have to add a name that doesnt appear on the list. I added one for the gun range I belong too, it let me add it but whn I go to advanced and click show barcode it wont show it, but I can see a barcode for someplace like Giant food thats already listed within the app. anybody alse have this problem
    05-05-10 08:14 PM
    Does anyone know if a screen protector like InvisiShield will affect the ability to scan the bar code?
    05-05-10 09:17 PM
    just used it at the store works great
    05-06-10 06:29 AM
    Does anyone know if a screen protector like InvisiShield will affect the ability to scan the bar code?
    I have one on mine .. tried it , it really affects it . doesn't work .
    05-06-10 07:21 AM
    Anyone having issues with Pandora or Slacker? If CardStar is running I almost always have to do a battery pull if I try running either Pandora or Slacker. I had over 80mb of memory avail on my Storm2.

I ended up deleting Cardstar and everything is working fine now.

bert
    05-06-10 07:51 AM
    Ok, so I am not so enamored with this as I thought I would be. I just don't see me giving my BB to cashier so they can slam it across the scanner bed, and typing in the number has not worked for me on the key pad, or the cashier. That will severely limit the utility of this program for me.

Like so many things, nice in theory, awkward in execution.
    05-06-10 09:11 AM
    I have one on mine .. tried it , it really affects it . doesn't work .
    Thanks! Good to know.
    05-06-10 09:30 AM
    This was posted on Twitter 2 hours ago:

MyCardStar #blackberry users we hear you: working on a much, much slimmer version of #cardstar right now
    I find it difficult to complain because the app is free. that said, if this app were on a pay-to-use basis, I'd be disappointed.

However it seems to work fine; I have 7 cards stored and it is only at 3.9 mb and I can live with that.

05-06-10 10:37 AM
    I like it. Actually worth the space for now until it updates. Does this actually keep images of all those logos locally? One way to slim down would be to download images only for the cards in use.

It took me a minute to figure out what ****'s Sporting Goods was.
    05-06-10 12:46 PM
    I like the idea of this app and I downloaded it, but I'm having two issues.

1) For some reason I felt like a total dork today at the checkout counter when I held up my phone for the cashier to scan it.

2) The cashier couldn't get my bar code to scan, which resulted in even more embarrassment. The bar code on my screen looks EXACTLY like the one on my card, so I don't know why it wouldn't work? Maybe I did something wrong with how I input the numbers. Are you supposed to put spaces in and stuff? I put all numbers in that were printed on the card, including the two at the very ends, but I didn't insert spaces. Is that wrong?

And did I mention I felt like a dork holding up my phone to be scanned?
    05-07-10 09:50 PM
    I like the idea of this app and I downloaded it, but I'm having two issues.

1) For some reason I felt like a total dork today at the checkout counter when I held up my phone for the cashier to scan it.

2) The cashier couldn't get my bar code to scan, which resulted in even more embarrassment. The bar code on my screen looks EXACTLY like the one on my card, so I don't know why it wouldn't work? Maybe I did something wrong with how I input the numbers. Are you supposed to put spaces in and stuff? I put all numbers in that were printed on the card, including the two at the very ends, but I didn't insert spaces. Is that wrong?

And did I mention I felt like a dork holding up my phone to be scanned?
    Was the cashier hot? That would have made it even worse still.
    05-07-10 10:04 PM
    I tried using mine today as well. The cashier couldn't get it to scan. I think it's because of the screen, the scanner was just reflecting off of the it instead of reading the bar code.
    05-07-10 10:40 PM
    Same here. Tried using it for the first time today at Krogers. Barcode is identical to my tag but it wouldn't scan. Bummer, was so looking forward to this app.

05-07-10 11:03 PM
    Was the cashier hot? That would have made it even worse still.
    SHe was kinda cute, actually. Guess I would have been better off taking a picture of her to share with you...lol!

I tried using mine today as well. The cashier couldn't get it to scan. I think it's because of the screen, the scanner was just reflecting off of the it instead of reading the bar code.
    That could be. Bummer!

Same here. Tried using it for the first time today at Krogers. Barcode is identical to my tag but it wouldn't scan. Bummer, was so looking forward to this app.

Me too. I don't have that many cards, but it would be nice to get them out of my wallet. Oh well!

Thanks for the feedback guys. Glad it's not just me anyway. Misery loves company you know!
    05-08-10 12:01 AM
    It is a shame because I was looking forward to this app. I know this can work because my fianc� has an iphone with the cardstar app and it works just fine.

Major bummer.

05-08-10 06:16 AM
104 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD