Alright so my Sirius Subscription ran out, and I think to myself. Now wait a second I have a Smart Phone for a reason why not just use Pandora?

Now the question that is proposed to - Cordless Car Mounts?

Ive seen one that I really like that is a suction cup but it appears it's corded meaning I still have to plug wires into it.

Whats your guys setup look like? Pictures VERY Welcome
    07-23-10 10:56 AM
    Not sure what you are looking for. If you want to go cordless you can use bluetooth if your stereo supports it, and then why would you need a mount, just leave it in your pocket. I stream Slacker in my Lexus via bluetooth from my S2 and leave the phone either in my pocket or in the cup holder.
    07-23-10 03:48 PM
    Not sure what you are looking for. If you want to go cordless you can use bluetooth if your stereo supports it, and then why would you need a mount, just leave it in your pocket. I stream Slacker in my Lexus via bluetooth from my S2 and leave the phone either in my pocket or in the cup holder.
    Well I thought about doing Blue Tooth I can do it via an addon (I have an aftermarket radio), But my fear is that the music will lose quality with it coming over the air. CDs and direct in are the best quality But add an ota Im just worried will lesson the sound quality.
    07-23-10 09:03 PM
    How else would it be qchurced without wires then?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-10 12:04 AM
    Yeah I'm confused. I run an aux wire through the back of my aftermarket deck and it comes out near the steering wheel. Very discrete. A mount would be nice but it's not really necessary IMO. My berry can sit in my lap or cup holder or the little CD deck under the player.

But how do you intend to have a cordless setup w/o using bluetooth?
    07-24-10 04:58 PM
    If you don't want to use bluetooth you will be dealing with a cord. You could change out your deck to a model that supports bluetooth or has an AUX plug. Or get an adapter to add an AUX to your existing unit. I did this with my 6 disc in dash unit, as I didn't want to give it up.

Products
    07-24-10 05:09 PM
    I use a high end Pioneer deck in my vehicle, and I use XM, my iPod (via 30 pin dock connector cable, not AUX), CD's, and my Storm 2 over Bluetooth, and honestly, unless your a really bad audiophile, you will not notice the difference between Bluetooth and an AUX input. My Storm 2 sounds the same over Bluetooth as my iPod does being directly connected, and thats saying something because usually when an iPod is hooked up via the 30 pin dock connector, audio is far superior to AUX anything. If you can use Bluetooth, why waste the time, effort, and money running an AUX wire? I do have one run, just in case a friend brings their Zune or something along that I don't have a hook up for, but otherwise it goes unused - to me, it seems like a technology that's on it's way out.
    I was just thinking that they made a dock where it would slide into the dock via the port on the side and it would have a cord on the back of the dock that ran to the aux in jack, however if you guys say Bluetooth doesn't cause noticeable difference then Ill take that approach although I do what a dock for it I wont worry about it having charge ports. or audio outs.

Anyone got pix of their setup in the car?
    07-25-10 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD