View Poll Results: Will you dump your Storm for the CDMA Bold or Curve II?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope... I am happy with the Storm.

9 45.00%
  • Count me in for the CDMA Bold!! Goodbye Storm!

7 35.00%
  • Count me in for the CDMA Curve II!! Goodbye Storm!

4 20.00%
    I loved my Bold (hated ATT). As much as I dislike my Storm, I cant go back to the Curve's low-res screen. So ... I will endure until VZW gets the CDMA Bold or Curve II.

If anyone has or came from the Bold you know what I am talking about. The Bold out classes, out performs, out everything the Storm does IMO. No contest P E R I O D.
    12-30-08 09:13 PM
    Apple meet orange. You are not meant to own a touch screen and there's nothing wrong with that just saying.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 09:43 PM
    Nah - I really believe it is the physical keyboard thing for the BB diehards. Seems most that had a BB before really hate the touchscreen, IMO. I love the Storm too, but IMO, the phone part is lacking in both outgoing and earpiece call quality. But I love the display!
    12-30-08 11:13 PM
    i love touch screens , but the second bold like hits verizon .... im all over it.
    12-30-08 11:14 PM
    how about none of the above
    i have a DREAM
    a dream of world where i can have the best of both worlds.....
    storm for after hours and play times....
    curve II or bold cdma for work times.....
    i want to have my cake and eat it too.....
    12-30-08 11:15 PM
    how about none of the above
    i have a DREAM
    a dream of world where i can have the best of both worlds.....
    storm for after hours and play times....
    curve II or bold cdma for work times.....
    i want to have my cake and eat it too.....
    sorry my brother but in the day , you cant have your cake and eat it too, unless the storm/bold mix comes out soon.
    12-30-08 11:17 PM
    the... "curve 2" shall out-do the bold.. aka Verizons Niagara.
    12-30-08 11:22 PM
    true, too bad whats the word on the release date ? may ?09
    12-30-08 11:24 PM
    Nah - I really believe it is the physical keyboard thing for the BB diehards. Seems most that had a BB before really hate the touchscreen, IMO. I love the Storm too, but IMO, the phone part is lacking in both outgoing and earpiece call quality. But I love the display!
    That's weird sound quality is great on mine. Don't have any problems on the phone sending or receiving end. And I guess your first part about keyboard is directed at op?

12-30-08 11:59 PM
    i love touch screens , but the second bold like hits verizon .... im all over it.
    Me too... the Bold just works better for me.
    12-31-08 07:48 AM
    That's weird sound quality is great on mine. Don't have any problems on the phone sending or receiving end. And I guess your first part about keyboard is directed at op?

Ah, thanks for the reply. I thought the earpiece was bad right out of the box - sounds like it is blown out, "crackly" if this is a word - or distorted. And everyone said I sounded muffled on the other end. I did the "boost treble" tweak and that helped a little, but it is still not good enough for me. I just tested 4 phones yesterday to my work voicemail - my Sprint Q9c, an iPhone, Sprint Touch Pro and the Storm. The Storm voicemails were by far the worse. Not something I want as this is my business phone. Maybe a bad one? But I have read about this problem elsewhere. I think some folks just put up with it because they don't know better or don't care - but maybe hardware is also to blame?? I mean RIM has never been accused of having the best "phone" in the business! (and yes - kb remark was directed to the OP)
    12-31-08 12:19 PM
    the... "curve 2" shall out-do the bold.. aka Verizons Niagara.
    Not sure about that... unless VZW does something different, the current GSM 8900 series does not have WIFI, whereas the 9000 Bold does. IMO that makes the Bold a more feature rich phone.

We will have to see what VZW does with both phones.
    12-31-08 12:27 PM
    If you are on VZW you really don't need wifi (well most people anyway). It's very reare for me to be somewhere I dont get strong or at least moderate EVDO signal except some buildings. I have both a BOLD and a Storm and dont even use WiFi.
    01-01-09 01:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD