Ok... well I plugged my phone in and opened DM, it said there was an update, so I did it. It took maybe 3-5 minutes. Good, I then checked and it said my phone was still on .75 and the DM said there were no new updates available.

I'm doing a battery pull now... but why would my phone just not update?

I'll try OTA even though its going to be slow as ****, it at least says .148 is available.
    05-31-09 08:07 PM
    Ok... well I plugged my phone in and opened DM, it said there was an update, so I did it. It took maybe 3-5 minutes. Good, I then checked and it said my phone was still on .75 and the DM said there were no new updates available.

I'm doing a battery pull now... but why would my phone just not update?

I'll try OTA even though its going to be slow as ****, it at least says .148 is available.
    1. Connect your phone to your computer.
    2. Open BlackBerry - Update your Device Software with Internet Explorer
    3. If it prompts you to install an ActiveX control, let it do it.
    4. Click the Check for Updates button on the Web page.
    5. Device Manager should open and begin the installation.

If you get the BES error, leave device manager open, go back to the web page and click the Check for Updates button again. You should get a new DM window that will install.
    05-31-09 08:10 PM
    I did all that... and nothing happened and it installed something, but it was .75.

I'm trying again...

hmm, maybe my DM wasn't up to date. My Blackberry Device Software Updater is updating itself now... maybe that was the problem
    Last edited by SaMaster14; 05-31-09 at 08:17 PM.
    05-31-09 08:15 PM
    OK, nvm. it worked. I had to update my DM or something.

Thanks for all the help DeaconBlue, your instructions worked perfectly
    05-31-09 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD