I have set my message alerts for each email account to silent, yet I am notified by sound, each time I receive mail. How do I turn off email notification?
    11-21-08 07:41 PM
    Did you modify the correct profile that you have active? Did you modify both in holster and out of holster modes?
    11-21-08 07:47 PM
    Find the "Sounds" icon on your home screen, change to a different profile, or create your own.
    11-21-08 07:51 PM
    Yea. I did correct the active profile. Very strange. So I created a custom one. Seems to be ok.
    Thanks for the advice.
    11-22-08 06:07 AM
    I thought I was going crazy 'til I saw somebody else had the problem. When I first got it no problem, but then when I downloaded an upgrade I could not turn off the annoying email alert sound...and I get about 300 emails a day! I am going to try a custom profile right now.
    12-31-08 06:51 PM
    Okay...that worked. Another problem...I can't seem to get rid of the new VM icon even after I delete the VMs?
    12-31-08 07:19 PM
    your god sent. i havent had a decent night sleep since i got my storm. i spent 3 hours on phone between verizon and blackberry, and 2 hours in the verizon store. they couldnt tell me how to turn the alert off. i took your advice re sound profile being set to narmal and made adjustments in the custom file and it seems to work! tHANK YOU
    01-01-09 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD