I want to turn off email alert sounds. I went to options and put my email alerts on SILENT. I created a custom profile with email alerts set to SILENT. I am still getting email alerts. How can I turn them off?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 07:56 PM
    I diddo this. i have two email accts set up and I too have them on silent and my phone on vibrate and the think never quits vibrating from emails, texts, calls. I dont even know whats coming in. Also, is there a way to turn off one of the two email accts without deleting it? That function doesnt seem to work either. Thx.
    Last edited by goliath777; 03-10-09 at 09:10 PM.
    03-10-09 09:05 PM
    Also, my SMS alert volume is set on 10 but I do NOT get alerts for SMS!!! I want to hear alerts for SMS and MMS but not for emails. I also have 2 email accounts. This is crazy!
    Last edited by buckeye1990; 03-11-09 at 03:07 AM.
    03-11-09 03:05 AM
    I THINK I may have figured out the problem. I changed my sound profile from LOUD to NORMAL. I sent myself test emails and test texts.... so far, so good....

03-11-09 03:55 AM
    I think you did find the solution. i just have to be sure my phone stays on vibrate. its midnight so ill have to wait until tomorrow for that one.

Thanks!!!
    03-13-09 02:48 AM
    I'm glad I could help both of us! Let me know if you discover anything else related to this "problem." Thanks!

03-13-09 03:07 AM
    what os are you guys on? i had the same issue on .75... one of my email accounts was set to silent but would only be silent if i was in normal. also, if i was on vibrate only or silent.... it would ring when i got a call LOL.

i havent had this issue lately with .109 but i have been on normal so idk
    03-13-09 07:15 AM
    well, it seems i havent fixed it entirely. my emails and texts are silent but my phones rings now and i want it on vibrate. my alerts also sound which i too want it on vibrate. i am running a stock unmolested new storm on .75. i know nothing about the various versions other than there are a lot of opinions on them. i was looking into upgrading to .114 and installing appleglass.

if anyone is the BB world knows how to configure the phones to silent all features except vibrate text and phone please let us know. Apparently i am not the only wacko out there who would like this config.

thanks CB nation
    03-13-09 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD