I recently had my Storm 2 unlocked. I received the message that said "code accepted"

However, if I go to SIM card options and type MEPD, the status screen doesn't appear to check the security status. What gives? Anyone else have this issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-10 02:51 PM
    I you go to sim card hit BB button it will bring up an option menu if it gives you the option to enable security then you know its unlocked.
    04-25-10 03:00 PM
    To verify your phone is unlocked, go to Options / Advanced Options / SIM Card. Type the letters MEPD. If Network is Active, the phone is not unlocked. If Network is Disabled, the phone is unlocked. I'm not sure Esteve1's test is reliable. My phone is locked to my carrier and I do have the option to enable security.

04-25-10 03:08 PM
    I you go to sim card hit BB button it will bring up an option menu if it gives you the option to enable security then you know its unlocked.
    Mine says that even tho i have never unlocked my phone. If less my replacement phone was already unlocked.
    04-25-10 03:11 PM
    Thanks guys,

I do have the enable security option, but I am looking for the status screen. Doesn't seem to be working in 607 but worked just fine on my 9530.

Can someone else confirm that "MEPD" doesn't show the status screen on 607? Perhaps its just mu phone.... Thanks in advance.

04-25-10 03:19 PM
    I got the storm 2 and upgraded it to 607 and then unlocked it, and those screens did not come up when I typed in MEPD...but my unlocked phone works just fine.
    04-25-10 05:04 PM
    I got the storm 2 and upgraded it to 607 and then unlocked it, and those screens did not come up when I typed in MEPD...but my unlocked phone works just fine.
    The MEPD must be all caps. Easier to do it in the landscape mode.
    04-25-10 05:18 PM
    To verify your phone is unlocked, go to Options / Advanced Options / SIM Card. Type the letters MEPD. If Network is Active, the phone is not unlocked. If Network is Disabled, the phone is unlocked. I'm not sure Esteve1's test is reliable. My phone is locked to my carrier and I do have the option to enable security.

Cool. Thanks Jeff. Never knew how to tell either until just now. Worked.
    04-25-10 06:21 PM
    I recently had my Storm 2 unlocked. I received the message that said "code accepted"

However, if I go to SIM card options and type MEPD, the status screen doesn't appear to check the security status. What gives? Anyone else have this issue?

It works only when MEPD is typed in upper case...

04-25-10 07:17 PM
    LOL
    Thanks all. Its always the little things :-). Appreciate the help.

04-25-10 08:43 PM

You could be right I just noticed mine changed after I unlocked it.
    04-25-10 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD